cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployed Web dynpro application URL has the wrong host name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed a java webdynpro application using NWDS. When I deploy it on a remote server, the host in the URL of the generated application is different from the message server. Also, the URL doesn't display the fully qualified name of the message server. This creates problems when the application is accessed from a different domain.

When I run the deployed application in web dynpro administrator, correct URL is generated.

My questions is

Where does the NWDS get the host and port from. Are there any parameters to be changed on the NWDS/Visual admin or on the Server to pick the exact server and host?

Version:

NWDS 7.0.09

Netweaver 2004s SP15

Thank you,

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

In NWDS menu,

Window-> Preferences->SAP J2EE Engine

Select remotehost

Enter msgerver name and port details.

Go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc

Open hosts file with notepad

Make the entry

IPaddress and name of the message server

Regards,

Siva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

What Siva has adviced may work, however you can ditrectly change the host name and port from the NWDS. In that case when you build and deploy the application it takes the port and hostname which is mentioned in the NWDS.

To change the port nad host from NWDS follow this:

(For NWDS 7.0.09) Windows -> Preferences - > SAP J2EE Engine -> Select SAP J2EE engine is installed on remote host -> Give the Message server host and message server port.

(For NWDS 7.1 SP05 PAT0000) Windows -> Preferences - > SAP AS JAVA -> Give instance host and Instance number.

I hope this solves you issue.

Please revert back if you require any further information.

Thanks and Reagrds

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Hi Siva,

I'm using a remote server. Which hosts file are you referring to? Is it where the NWDS is installed or the on the server?

Pravesh - My problem is not setting the J2ee engine on NWDS. Even when I give the correct message server and port on NWDS, the URL for the application deployed is not picking the server name correctly.

My remote server has 2 SAP instances on it. Is it a problem?

e.g.:

Say my remote server is s07.xyz.com

So I set the Message server as s07.xyz.com and port as abcd

When I deploy the application, sometimes I get the URL as

http://bs307:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/RPM_Item2/Charter2?SAPtestId=4

Sometimes - http://s08:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/RPM_Item2/Charter2?SAPtestId=4

But the correct URL should be

http://s07.xyz.com:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/RPM_Item2/Charter2?SAPtestId=4

But all three work. When I run the application from webdynpro administrator, the URL is correct.

Thank you,

Vasu

Edited by: Subramanya Srinivas Mullapudi on Feb 27, 2009 5:15 AM

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

I am talking about hosts file on the system whch has NWDS. And try once like this also

Deploy your application from NWDS and set hostname with IP address and check.

Ping and check the hostnames, whether all of them referring the same system.

e.g. Ping bs307

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed