cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application-Specific Theme Not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Web Dynpro Application iView which is displayed in the Masthead of the Portal. I am trying to make it have a different look than the Web Dynpro Applications that appear in the body.

I have created the theme and if I enter the URL directly into my browser the application shows up with the correct theme. However when I deploy to the portal the application is showing up as it did before I ever created the theme.

I followed the Make your WebDynpro application theme specific blog and have also read the Colorful Web Dynpro Applications Guide and How to Define the Theme Used by a Web DynproJava Application document but nothing seems to make the application take on the new theme once in Portal.

Any Suggestions or Tips?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

reposting in Portal implementation due to lack of response here.

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TA,

Better if you post the thread to Portal Implementation. There you might get the faster response.

Well, Create a separate desktop framework in the portal. Modify the masthead in that framework as you want. Now assign the roles to the groups/users whom you want to see this new portal theme.

Also, map the application with the same users. Now, as the user will open the application, it will be opened as you like it to be.

Regards

Chander Kararia

# Please close the thread once get the correct answer. Give rewards for answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response - the problem is all users see the application at all times (it is an Employee Directory and looks similar to the Portal Advanced Search). The problem is our masthead has a black background and white text - unlike the rest of the portal so we created this application-specific theme to handle that.