Did you mean: 

Testing/verification in production environment

former_member216353
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a general query.

Our production XI server is ready.

I'm planning to carry a sample/test file to file scenario in the production server, just to check if the connectivity and all the XI components are working fine or not.

Is it advisable to carry out this test. Do we generally go for this. If yes then, Why?

Kindly drop your comments on this.

Regards,

Younus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before testing better to do GoLive check activity, in this activity we can see complete log of system. Depending on log again we need to do some modification in production. One of my current project SAP has done GoLive check activity on production system and given report. They have suggested so many options for system performance. Better you also do the same way for prevent feature performance problem.

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Younus,

If you have a scenario already there in the production environment then bindass go ahead and test. If not its against protocol.

At the most what you can do is to have a readiness check as michal as said.

Regards

joel

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you hear about the readiness check for XI?

http://mypigenie.com/administration/16-administrator/98-how-can-i-make-sure-my-new-xipi-installation...

do all the steps from that guide (with a sample scenario creation)

and XI will be checked

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

http://mypigenie.com XI/PI FAQ

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Younus

>I'm planning to carry a sample/test file to file scenario in the production server,

If creating new one means. Not at all Advicable, (Should Transport the Object to Prod Environment)

>just to check if the connectivity and all the XI components are working fine or not.

Go to RWB- Component Montoring- Display- Adapter Engine- Adapter Montoring and check the Status of the Adapter

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss