cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implement MDM Validations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Experts

I have a requirenemt where in I need to Implement all the validations on MATERIAL repository similar to standard SAP, is there a way I can achieve this either using JAVA API / web services.

The only idea is no to create validations in MDM.

Appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Regards

Vickey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The simpler way could have been to create validations on MDM and then exposing the same using MDM JAVA APIs on the frontend that keeps your frontend thin but i guess you do not want to do that as you have mentioned that The only idea is no to create validations in MDM.

Then you will have to code for the validations in the front end in your java application but in that case explicit expertise coding is required from your end to implement the validations.

As a matter of fact I would suggest you to expose the validations from the backend(MDM) rather than creating them on the frontend.

If you have any queries regarding exposing the MDM validation in your WD JAVA application then revert.

Regards.

Rajat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vickey,

If you are using the MDM system for the Master data maintainence process and the MDM tool is capable to handle the SAP standard validations in MDM ,then the better decision would be to go for MDM internal validations.

However if your business process requires validations to be done outside MDM ,then thsi can also be achieved.

If you are using the SAP NW application as teh front end with your MDM rep at the backend.Then you will have to design the webdynpro screens in NWDS .

These screens will then fetch data to and fro from your backend system.

You can use the Validations on this front end by doing extensive coding using the MDM Java Api packages and logic.

To know more on the use of MDM Java API kindly refer the below links:

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/MDM/SP06P2/index.html

SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management Java API u2013 New features in SP06 Webinar Details

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/event/webinars?rid=/library/uuid/209cad46-e080-2a10-7390-a5a43bd0ad2...

Hope it Helps

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vickey,

To stimulate validations similar to the standard SAP ones, out of the MDM box, you may require extensive coding.

If you are using an web service as a front end, ABAP APIs,BSPs,Java APIs and Webdynpro may help you.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz