cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

datasource configuration for UME and GRC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am troubleshooting an exisitng GRC installation.

Is it typical to configure GRC and UME to different source clients? If done so, what does it mean? How does it affect the risk analysis and user provisioning?

For example, the UME on AS Java is configured to use, say, ERP(100) client as the ABAP user store. On the same AS Java system, GRC is configured with JCo destinations pointing to ERP(200).

In this case, the master data source (users, roles) for Compliance Calibrator is ERP(200) and the user data source for Access Enforcer is ERP(200).

But the initial authentication to AE and CC is based on UME which is pointing to ERP(100) for authentication.

Is this a best practice recommendation ? I do not understand its usage. Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards

Reddy P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is not normal practise but a complex scenario However , this would work as expected .

If you want to authenticate users from ERP100 system , you can as these users would be specific to GRC applications only and since you are using user base from ERP200 , then compliance wud be given only to the users in ERP200 .

This is correct , your master source is ERP200 . So no issues

Thanks

Jasmine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jasmine.

your response confirms my understanding. This is where I believe the Java system administrator will need to take care in configuring the datasource client for all java applications.

Regards,

Reddy P.

Answers (0)