cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates to NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Where can I find details on what bug fixes / changes are included in the updates to NWDS?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

viliana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

SAP publishes the changes in the software as release notes, which are part of the official documentation on help.sap.com. For example, for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1, you can check the release notes at: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/46/65695eec515de4e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

To find the release notes for another release, just go to help.sap.com -> SAP NetWeaver, then choose the release that you are looking for and look for a section named "Release notes" or "What's New".

Best regards,

Viliana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Viliana

I see this isn't kept up to date. The latest patch for NetWeaver CE 7.1 is Patch 7, but the site only has documentation up to Patch 6.

Additionally, this only includes information on the Application Server patch releases, but no details on the updates that are released every few months for the NWDS IDE. Good user experience design would dictate that details of these updates are available from within the product (i.e. I should be able to go to Help and find out what has changed with each release / patch to the IDE).

Even worse... the details for Patch 6 is a single line saying: "This support package only contains corrections."

We need to know what these corrections are! Surely SAP doesn't blindly install updates to Unix / Windows operating systems without knowing the details of the update. So how can SAP customers be expected to blindly update their SAP systems without similar details?

Any comments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume the sudden silence means that this information is not available.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Gunter,

if u r using the nwds 7.0.14 u can find the updates

go to help > about devstudio> check for the details

if u r using nwds 7.11 u can find the

goto help--> software updates

u can check the corresponding files listed

feel free to ask more

bvr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bvr

Thanks, but that's not what I was asking. I want to know what has actually changed from one release to the next.

Most software companies (e.g. IBM, Microsoft, Apple) have a support section of their websites where they have KB articles describing the details of what has changed (usually in the form of a consolidated bug fix / feature report).

This is common-place for software updates, as most decent development teams won't blindly update their software without knowing what has changed (as this could have a knock-on effect on their code / software / stability / performance, etc.)

Do you know whether SAP provides similar KB articles describing changes included in each update? If so, where can I find it?

Thanks

Stuart