cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Vendor Name in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one tell me how to change the Vendor Name in SRM which is getting replicated from ECC where the name has been change to the new vendor. The new Vendor name is not coming over in the replication from ECC (5.0). Reason for vendor change is that the old vendor was purchased by another vendor.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can change the vendor in r/3 system by BBP_VENDOR_SYNC /

BBP_VENDOR_UPDATE_DATA_JOB and

IMG to SRM Server > Technical Basic Settings > Settings for Vendor Syncronisation > Make Global Settings.

may helps you to syncronize the vendor data.

you can monitor the BP via changed status in web via monitor business partner w.r.t logical system.

regards

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have changed the name in the R3 system, but it is not changing in SRM after replication. Is this a problem in the replication process or do I need a code to change the name in SRM?

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using txn 'bbpupdvd' to update the name of the vendor. After running txn, check for any logs in txn-SLG1.

Regards,

Sanjeev

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope that the sync job is runing everyday.

can you debug the sync program ? so you can confirm that how your changes are not reflected.

regards

Muthu

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I curretly run the job to update the vendors manually, unitl I can review the sysnc job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I currently use the SE38 and bbp_vendor_update_data_job to get any changes from the backend to SRM. I think the sync job might be failing because of invalid Emails, but I have not had time to check into the job.

Thanks for all the messages and different views.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammy

you can properly go to TC BP and change it manually.

BR

Jakob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our common reasons for Vendors not transferring from ERP to SRM using TCode BBPUPDVD or BBPGETVD are.

1. Vendor does not exist in ERP

2. Vendors email address is faulty

As stated previously SLG1 log usually reveal the problem.

We also have a problem with the scheduled Vendor Sync job that runs each night failing to import new vendors, even though the spro config has been set to include new vendors.

I suspect that the Vendor Sync job my be stopping as soon as it finds a faulty email address and we do have a few hundred of these lurking in our ERP system. I plan to investigate, when I get time, but if anyone else has this problem I would like to here of your experiences?

Hope this helps

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me where in SPRO Config that you set the settings for the vendor sync job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you tell me where in SPRO Config that you set the settings for the vendor sync job.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi sammy

Customizing for Vendor Synchronization consists of two parts.

In the first part you make those settings that are valid for all backend systems.

In the activity Make Settings for Each Backend System you can define or display detail data for the individual backend systems.

Define Settings for Each Backend System

Make Global Settings

Make settings for Each Backend System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First we need to change the vendor name in Backend R/3 Transaction XK02 and save it.After that you run the Transaction SRM "bbpupdvd" and give the details of Backend system name and execute it.you can check the errors in SLG1 transaction.now check the vendor name in SRM and R/3

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You can try XK02 to change name and then replicate via bbpgetvd