cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailed Sapscript uses wrong printerdriver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I've a problem which i cannot figure out myself.

I create forms (made with a sapscript) which are directly emailed using conditionrecords.

Everything is done with very standard SAP.

That's all going very well except one big thing.

It isnot using the right driver to format the form. It seems to be another driver. But everywhere

i could think off i've set a sapprinterdriver.

1. in The purchase order itself in the messages

2. in the conditionrecords (which sents the emails)

3. in my sap profile

4. a strange different windows printer

Does anyone know how a emailform is formatted?

It goes perfect when i sent it directly to a printer.

Plz a good advice.

Gr., Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rejish_balakrishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better option is to convert your spool request to PDF and send it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for answer. But it is alrady concverted to PDF before sending it. When i look in that PDF i see it is not converted with the right SAP printerdrivers. The data is not completely formatted the way it is printed. It is not very bad. I only see it in horizontal lines (ULINE) which are in the PDF to long to fits into the line and is splitted in two. Ofcourse i cando changes in the sap-script to resolve that. But this is the first form in several languages. And a lot of forms will follow. I want to resolve it at the root.

It must be only 1 setting somewhere and i cannot find where.

So i hope someone can tell where that setting can be made.

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

what device u have mentioned in ur open form and options u gave? may be u can try getting otf data and convert it to pdf instead of spoolto pdf.

hey can u show us the code which u have used, may be stting the maximum line width during conversion will help!!.

кu03B1ятu03B9к

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

The form was already translated to PDF with no use of the spool, so that was not the problem.

Everything was done with standard SAP. We have only buildin a little routione to check if the receiver has a proper emailadress.

But i have found the solution.

In transaction SCOT you can define default driver for the conversion to PDF. This seems country dependent. I have tried it now for my Country (NL) with the right devicetype and it works.

Anyway Thanks.

I see your name many times in the forums. Mostly with good advice. Keep doing that way!!

Gr., Frank