Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order billing through CATS.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I have an issue..

We are working on a PS implementation project. This is an implemention for n ERP solutions provider( say A).

In this case A provides manpower for its respective clients. They have maintained contracts with their clients for specific periods.

Now based on time sheets generated by the personnel, A generates sales orders and correspondingly bills their clients.

Now our issue is, how do we use time sheets(CATS) to generate billing documents.

Thanks a million.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can enter time against the sales order/item in the CATS timesheet, but I have never done that; I believe you don't do that if you are using PS due to the other benefits of collecting these expenses on the project (reports, RA, actual/plan comparisons, material, etc...).

Using PS, you could use Resource-related billing for this purpose. You basically have the time charged to a network activitiy in CAT2, then transfer the cost to the project using CAT5. Then, you will create a billing request using DP91/95. There are other steps in between, which are explained in greater detail at this link on the SAP help pages:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/aa/96853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Let me know if you want to go deeper into any of these areas.

Answers (0)