Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy - new PI server install/upgrade

jacob_ellsworth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am hoping someone here may have done something similiar to what we are doing. We are upgrading from XI 3.0 to PI 7.1, using the new install approach (the PI system will be on new servers, SIDs, etc).

We have a few ABAP proxies currently running in the XI 3.0 system, and I am aware that we can only point our SAP system to only 1 XI/PI server for the proxies at a time.

I am looking at the steps involved for changing the ABAP proxies to now use the new PI system instead of the old XI system.

I know that we need to chnage the LCRSAPRFC RFC destination, the HTTP RFC destination, SXMB_ADM (int. engine config to use new HTTP dest), the SAPSLDAPI RFC dest, the SLDAPICUST tran to use the new SLD. I know that making these changes also allow SPROXY to now point to the new PI server. I also know that the other possible endpoints in these proxy scenarios will need to possibly be updated to point to the new PI server instead of the old XI one.

I know we will need to do all the above changes in the SAP system, then regenerate the proxies in SPROXY so they use the new PI server.

What I have not been able to find is the other possible changes that may need to be done as part of this Proxy server change.

Does anyone have any lists or other steps of activities that I am missing here (or confirmation that these are the only changes needed)?

I didn't find anything relating to this in searches of SDN, but I may have missed something.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

What you missed out has been covered by sergio and ruslim. I would not add anything to it. Go ahead and run some scenarios , if something crops then we sdners would be happy to help you out.

Happy testing !!

Regards

joel

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jacob,

changing SAP PI you have to rebuild all the proxy declared in ECC??

thanks

umberto

jacob_ellsworth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone. Should I find other activities required, I will reupdate this message. I have given every one points for there time and help.

Thanks,

Jake

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jake,

Looking at the list, you are pretty much there.

You might want to add:

1. Change the host and gateway in RZ70 in the backend to point to your new PI system.

2. Change your SLD_UC RFC to point to new PI system

Regards,

Lim...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jake,

It looks like you listed all the things that need to be done.

You just didn't mention to create the new Business Systems for source and target system in the new SLD and assign the correct integration engine, but it's implicit.

Regards,

Sergio