cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charms : Background job not scheduled (normal correction) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to run a dry cycle for normal correction but when i go to task plan in any ticket to release a request. When i schedule this job " release a request" , i dont see any job running in background in SM37. I think job is not gettin sceduled properly.

Please help me out

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest that you try to schedule it first manually in your QA system to see that your TMS is well set-up and project switch is OK.

1. Go in STMS_QUEUES (from any system) and select the corresponding buffer

2. Don't forget to refresh your screen

3. filter on the project you want to import and schedule it

4. check if it fin

Make sure to have at least one transport in the corresponding import buffer for doing this (this is easier)

please confirm this one is ok

If it doesn't work it must be a trusted rfc issue

Just tell me if ok or not

br Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

It si working fine when am doing manually and STMS is also properly setup, All Rfc's are working not a problem with that but Whenver I am scheduling the "Tranport requests for released" using task plan it is not working. I mean it is not getting scheduled. I cant see it in SM37 also as scheduled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All right. We need to dig this one

I guess you schedule the import by going the the tasklist

and you get a red flag for this activity in the calendar ? do you have any error message ?

If the messagein the task-list is not self-explanatory you can check the SLG1 log in SOLMAN. Which error message do you get there. (select the correct time frame, the log could be big)

My guess is that some S_RFC authorisation is still missing there

This authorisation is outside SAP_ALL and is often the cause of this kind of issue

Tell me the error message and we will hopefully fix this (I had the same kind of issue when I started last year)

best regards Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I checked in SM37 the background job is running and finished successfully but it is not relaesing the request i.e it is not doing the task it is meant for, so from task plan when we schedule job it can be seen in SM37 but it is not realeasing the transport request and yes we have performed manually releasing the request its working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The user is having S_RCF object as well as S_RFCACL for trusted RFC and i checked trusted rfcs there is no problem , even we can do the whole process manually and its working , i mean going to stms and importing and all... its all working fine ..but the problem is just from task plan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

maybe I misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about importing...sorry for this

The release is more a SOLMAN internal task trigger at document level.

The import is something you can schedule or do via tasklist or via the document in SOLMAN

The release is triggered by solman depending on the action you select and should not be scheduled outside solman.

Could you confirm you really want to release by Job and why ? For me this is not solman compliant.

Could you give me the technical name of the task you schedule ?

best regards

Xavier