Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

additional value days & fixed value date

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In sales orders, there're those two fields. What is the usage of them? What business scenario will be applied to them? Would you pls illustrate? Thx.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear friend

Those two fields are used for calculating payment terms

Suppose for the terms of payment is defined as 10 days and the Sales order is created on 01.03.2009 and on 10.03.2009 is the due date for payment

Additional value days if you give as 2 days then the system calculates from 03.03.2009 for the order created on 01.03.2009 (it gives 2 additional days) and hence the due date for payment becomes 13.03.2009

That much additional days is given along with the no of days mentioned in payment terms

Fixed value date means that for a sales order created on 01.03.2009 then if you give the fixed value date as 04.03.2009 then from 4 th march the payment terms is calculated and accordingly 14.03.2009 becomes due date for payment

Note: If you give the fixed value date then there should not be any additional value days because it becomes meaningless

Fixed value date is always mentioned as DATE

Addional value days is always mentioned as no of days

Regards

Raja

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many many thx for your valuable advice, especially Raja.

Got one more question. Any way to set one of those two fields as default when creating orders, i.e. no need to enter manually in orders?

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend

See There is a distinct special feature for these two fields and this can be used on special occassions on requirement basis

If you have to get default values automatically in these fields my suggestion is You can redefine the terms of paynment itself for example from 10 days to 12 days instead of putting 2 days from the additional value days

But if your requirement is always to have default values in these two fields then you have to check with your ABAPer

Regards

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

See in trx OBB8 if you set-up the value is taking in the sales order, I think yes but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Mariano.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in billing tab page

click on those fields and press f1

you will get the details

regards