cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MessageArea historyvisible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently working on an eRecruiting application. I have a small issue concerning the error messages in the views of the candidate.

If multiple required fields are not filled in a message is displayed for each of these fields. I want, that only one of these messages is displayed in the messagearea (for instance the latest message).

I tried to alter the historyVisible and maxVisibleMessages properties programmatically and by replacing the messageArea with an enhancement. But none of these alternatives seem to work.

Has anybody an idea how to solve this?

Regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tell me the name of the webdynpro Component and the particlar View name where you want to dispaly this message.

Thanks,

Rajkumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

The messageArea is in the HRRCF_C_ROADMAP_UI (package PAOC_RCF_UI_SELF_SERVICES) component in the view VW_ROADMAP. The other views of the cockpit are embedded here, and are using this messagearea.

Regards

Daniel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danniel,

Message Area's property maximumVisibleMessages controls the number of messages displayed. However when multiple Components are being used within a component then messages can originate from any used component.

Just a suggestion, clear all messages from MESSAGEMANAGER by calling CLEAR_MESSAGES( )

and then check if messages are raised.

Also on the WebDynpro Application there is option of choosing Display Messages without message component

This may do the trick.

Greetings

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help (also it took a while until I had the time to implement it). The CLEAR_MESSAGES( ) method works (even if I have to implement this for each component).

> Also on the WebDynpro Application there is option of choosing Display Messages without message component

Just out of curiosity, Prashant:

Which option do you mean? Is this a parameter, you are talking of?

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

WebDynpro Application there is option of choosing Display Messages without message component

this is webdynpro application setting that allows you to view the Message Area component in different flavours. You can discover for yourself. click on any webDynpro APPLICATION select teh properties TAB there is handling of Messages section with 3 radio button options.

Greetings

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I checked the application again. The Handling of Messages Section has only two options ("Show Message Component on Demand" and "Always Display Message Component").

Regards

Daniel

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

If you got to the application, and under the properties tab you would find some radio buttons as :

1: Show message component on demand.

2: Always display the message component.

3: Display the messages without the message component.

The 3rd option is not available in newer systems. But yes if you are using ECC6.0 then it is the option that displays all the error messages and also in the message area, which would be the answer of your question.

Regards,

Uday.