cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to suppress the Acknowledgement Error in IDOC to File scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I got the status in SXMB_MONI as 'Processed Successfully' for the IDOC to File scenario but the Acknoledgement status throws an error saying 'Acknowledgement not possible'.

I read one of the documents in the forums on how to suppress the acknowledgement using a table on R/3 side using IDXNOALE,

i tried that option but i still get the 'Acknowledgement not possible' error.

Is there any other way to suppress this error?

Thanks,

Tirumal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tirumal,

Receiver adapters that run on the Adapter Engine support system acknowledgments if they are requested by the sender. Acknowledgements are triggered when a message is successfully processed by the adapter or if an error occurs while it is being processed. Receiver adapters do not support application acknowledgments. The RNIF and CIDX adapters are exceptions to this rule, since they also support scenario-dependent application acknowledgments. Sender adapters of the Adapter Engine do not request any acknowledgments.

This means, JDBC adapter does only send system acks, however IDoc adapter is requesting application acks. Therefore as mentioned by the previous poster, you have to disable acks for this scenario using report IDX_NOALE.

Also go through these documents for any further help:

http://sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/xi-how-to-guides/how to handle acknowledgments for idoc.pdf

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6a/e6194119d8f323e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tirumal,

the IDXNOALE is used to determine what IDoc types do not require an acknowledgement.

Have you read this How-to Guide? It explains the usage and consequences of IDXNOALE (and is a very good introduction into the IDoc acknowlesdgement mechanism of XI).

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003477212005E/HowTo_IDOC_Ack_20040817RR.pdf

regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter -

That's exactly what i want. I want to suppress the acknowledgement errors on integration server in sxmb_moni.

I added an entry in IDXNOALE(on R/3) to block the acknowledgement but i keep getting the status which says "Acknowledgement not possible" in sxmb_moni.

Is there any other setting that i forgot?

Thanks,

Tirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Maybe the settings in this table are buffered. So try to reset the ABAP stack table buffer by entering /$SYNC in the OK code field. But caution: This will reset all table buffers and thus temporariliy slowing down performance, because all table buffers have to be rebuild.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I am not authorized to use this transaction.

So will check with the BASIS team and will let you know.

Thanks,

Tirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tirumal,

I tried again on my system and it worked exactly as described. First (with an empty IDXNOALE) I sent an IDoc and routed it to a file -> 'Acknowledgment not possible'. Then I added the following record to IDXNOALE:

PORT: SAPS17 (make sure you got that one correct)

CLIENT: 224

MESTYP: MATMAS

NEG and TYPE are empty.

Also, check that you did not accidentally configure that no acknowledgments are sent for all data types except the one that you wanted to exclude. So, ideally you should have only 1 record with your excluded data type in the table and NEG and TYPE fields empty.

Hope that helped...

regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter -

I did exactly the same but i don't know the reason.

Also when you mean "Also, check that you did not accidentally configure that no acknowledgments are sent for all data types except the one that you wanted to exclude." where do i check this?

Thanks,

Tirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you look at IDXNOALE through report IDX_NOALE (in SE38), you have the button 'Do not Request Acknowlegdment'. This will switch off all Acks for this Port and Client.

But it also means that all exceptions (records for one specific message type) then do the opposite thing - turning on the ack again.

Have a look at this report. It helps with the setup.

BTW: On what SP of XI are you?

regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter -

I ran the IDX_NOALE report and as you said when i ran the report this is the result i got:

Systemport: SAPD01 Client: 800

Acknowledgments requested for all message types in this system

except for the following message types

ORDERS

This means its supposed to supress the Acknowledgements for ORDERS right?

SP Number is 13.

Thanks,

Tirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tirumal,

Looks like it supress ORDERS acknowledgement.

Actually what I did is to choose the other button(there are two push buttons at top) to disable acknowledgement except...

In most cases, I see no need for the IDoc acknowledgement at all.

--Wenning

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just go thru following link.

Regards,

Moorthy