cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a Small Problem ,When i m running T Code CJBV for the activation of Availability Control it is not working but if i run CJBN (Reconstruct) then It gets activated.

1. Can anyone suggest wat could be the problem.

2. Is it problem if i run CJBN everytime,if yes then wat?

Your early reply will be appreciated.

Regards

Shashi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please see below SAP recommendation on the subject.

I think this addresses your problem.

Reconstruct Availability Control

In this IMG activity, you reconstruct all the data for availability control. The assigned values are recalculated and references are created to the objects that have budget.

The new budget profile settings are copied into the budget table.

Recommendation

SAP recommends that you reconstruct the PS Info Database with transaction CJEN before activating availability control

Activities

Carry out this step if:

1. you install a new release

2. you haved changed the availability control settings in the budget profile (e.g. from overall to annual values)

3. you have changes the tolerance limits for availability control

4. you have defined exempt cost elements - that is, cost elements which are not subject to availability control

5. you have changed the order update settings for orders for projects

6. you suspect errors in the data - for example, in objects from older releases or after incorporating corrections relating to budgeting or availability control

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venu,

Problem is this i did not made any changes in config,and sometime is activates by CJBV sometime its not,i m in stsyem from last 2-3 months.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer SAP notes 16710, 833687.

Check if they are applicable. Which version you are on?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As I see from the mail postings, looks like you have carried a roll out for another company code. Since these Budget postings are dynamic, I suggest that you follow the SAP recommendation in this regard.

Once you bring the whole process on line, you may not face any problems with new projects.

Venu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your budget profile (OPS9), under Availability control set 'Activation Type' to 1. This will ensure that AVAC gets set after budget entry. For existing project you will have to run CJBN, new projects will set AVAC after budget entry.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Thanks for your reply, but i am using Activation type 2, Background activation, and it is working for one company code perfectly fine.

After roll out of same config in other plant this problem is coming.

Regards

Shashi