cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help trigerring only once..!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

I am working on WD - ABAP with Interactive forms.

In the properties of the attribute i have assigned these:

Input Help Mode: Dictionary Search Help

Dictionary Search Help : <<Name of search Help>>

This same attribute i have bound to the ValueHelpDropDownList in SFP. The Drop down was choosen from Web-Dynpro Native library because my display type is set to Native.

But the problem is, the Search Help appears correctly when clicked for the first time after the form is loaded. But after that it just doesnt respond to any action.

Any idea why this may be happening...??

All help will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Since it appears once, I would assume you have it setup correctly. I would recommend search for notes and/or entering a support ticket. This sounds like a bug to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Thomas,

I searched for Notes but couldn't find one matching my problem. Anyway i decided play around.

In the adobe form in (SFP), what i noticed was the auto generated code for the ValueHelpDropDown was in the Preopen event with the language being javascript.

// code in pre-open event

// DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BEYOND THIS POINT - 800.20070410093956.383622.376748 - ValueHelpDropDown.xfo

var processingValueHelp = ContainerFoundation_JS.getGlobalValue(event.target, "processingValueHelp");
                   if(processingValueHelp == false) {
                       ContainerFoundation_JS.setGlobalValue(event.target, "processingValueHelp", true);
                       this.rawValue = "";
                       this.clearItems();
                       ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target,
                                                                     "valueHelp", 
                                                                     this.dataNode.somExpression.replace(/(xfa.*?\.)(datasets.*?\.)(data.*?\.)/, ""), 
                                                                     this.rawValue, 
                                                                     event.target.mouseX,
	                                                             event.target.mouseY);
	                                       }

// END OF DO NOT MODIFY

I copied this piece of code and pasted in the Click event of the DropDown, and changed the condition for the If clause.

// Code in Click event
var processingValueHelp = ContainerFoundation_JS.getGlobalValue(event.target, "processingValueHelp");
                   if(processingValueHelp == true) {
                       ContainerFoundation_JS.setGlobalValue(event.target, "processingValueHelp", false);
                       this.rawValue = "";
                       this.clearItems();
                       ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target,
                                                                     "valueHelp", 
                                                                     this.dataNode.somExpression.replace(/(xfa.*?\.)(datasets.*?\.)(data.*?\.)/, ""), 
                                                                     this.rawValue, 
                                                                     event.target.mouseX,
	                                                             event.target.mouseY);
	                                       }

The search help is being called now, and working propely for all subsequent clicks after the first click.

Hopefully this works fine in the Quality and Production system too....!!! (Keeping fingers crossed for it)

I think.....I should have posted this is Interactive forms by Adobe forum.

Thanks thomas anyway.

Answers (0)