cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new system to TMS in 2-tier landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to add new system in Two system landscape . Earlier It was VDV and VPV . Now How to add VQV

in three system landscape.

bob

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Feb 27, 2009 12:13 AM

Please use meaningfull subject titles

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where do you want it to "add"?

Markus

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

Julius makes a very good point when he states that VPV (production) would be the best system as domain controller. Because the development system is almost always installed first in a landscape, the domain controller is initially placed there and the problem is that on many sites they do not bother afterwards to move it to production once the landscape is complete.

To make VPV the domain controller, just delete the existing TMS configuration and build it up again from VPV - easy enough with a standard 3-system landscape.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

As told above, just delete entire STMS configuration and recreate new 3 system landscape.

You can follow the steps mentioned in STMS configuration guide at market place.

Regards

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume the "Q" in the name means it is a QA system and will come between VDV and VPV.

- First install VQV

- In VQV run STMS and select the transport domain the system must join

Next steps are in transaction STMS in client 000 of the Transport Domain Controller:

- Systems list -> accept the new system

- Transport routes: delete the routes between VDV and VPV (there will probably be two routes, one for your own transport layer and one for layer "SAP")

- Add the routes for these same layers again but now between VDV and VQV

- Create a delivery route between VQV and VPV

- Save, activate and distribute the lot

STMS will take care of changing the target system of open change requests in VDV.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks marks,

yaa VQV is my Quality server . I want to add this between VDV and VPV.

Is it required i must share /usr/sap/trans in VQV or give OS level permission.

Because I have deleted All System from VDV and VPV then delete Route also.

But when I First Create System VDV . It ask about Domain Controller.I save DOMAIN_VDV.

Then I create another system External System VQV & VPV in VDV .But when I login in VQV . It doen,t ask Domain_VDV is a Domain Controller. It say that VQV is a Domain Controller.

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

That gives me the imprtssion that VDV and VQV see a different /usr/sap/trans. Otherwise VQV would detect the presence of the domain configuration file created by VDV and would propose joining that domain by default.

Although it is possible to have different /usr/sap/trans (you can do this by defining "Transport Groups" in STMS), it is much better to have all systems in the landscape share the same /usr/sap/trans (via NFS - I suppose your systems are on Unix).

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

I overlooked one thing in your last question. If you let VDV, VQV and VPV share the same /usr/sap/trans, then don't declare them as External Systems in the TMS domain controller. In fact, don't declare them at all (or declare them as a virtual system). They will be added automatically when the domain controller receives the request to join the domain.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which release are you on?

My recommendation would be to have VPV as the domain controller, VQV as the back-up domain controller and specified as the QA system, and then distribute the configuration as described by Mark.

That way, your VPV (Prod system) controls the TMS system.

If you have legacy TMS destinations from your 2-tier landscape, then it is better to delete them (for the sake of good "housekeeping")...

Cheers,

Julius