cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

describe requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently not using the describe requirement functionality in the shopping cart but we want to incorporate this functiionality now. We have one issue, the business does not want a requisitioner to have the ability to mix a describe requirement item with a punchout item. In essence they want the cart to contain only describe requirement items or only punchout items but not both. Is there an easy way to accomidate this request? I realize I could use the check shopping cart BADI and produce an error message when the cart is checked if it contained combined items but I'd rather prevent the user from doing this at the onset of the transaction. My initial thought would be to try and create a seperate transaction for describe requirement. Does anyone have a better solution? We haven't created a custom transaction in SRM yet, how involved would this be?

Best regards,

Shawn O'Connor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

I think the best solution (easy and not expensive) is the one you described (BBP_DOC_CHECk_BADI)

Kind regards,

Yann

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

Depending on your SRM release, you could also use the BADI to control SC UI.

Once a SC item is added, use this BADi to deactivate wanted Sc hyperlinks (ex: hide "describe requirement" link if the first added item is a catalog item).

So at the beginning, you have all options, and then the user is restricted after the first added item.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christophe-

Excellent suggestion, thank you very much. We are running SRM 4.0, are you referring to BADI BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI? I am using this currently to hide the "describe requirement" link and I see I could also hide the "catalogs", but my question is how would I know that an item has been added to the cart? The badi does not contain the cart information, I'm assuming I would need to call a shopping cart get details function? Can you briefly expand on your thoughts for obtaining cart details.

Best regards,

Shawn O'Connor

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I missed this point...

2 options to read SC details in this BADI:

- modify the standar call of the BADI method to add SC GUID as input parameter

- export the GUID in a memory ID outside this BADI (ex in BADI CHANGE) and import the GUID in the BADI

Hope it can work...

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Christophe. I think I will give option 2 a try.

Best regards,

Shawn O'Connor