Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a BSP application on a Web-Dynpro screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a requirement as below:

In the SAP Standard Web-Dynpro screen we have a Tab-strip control, where there are 2 tabs.

We need to enhance the tab-strip control and add a new tab. On the same tab we need to call a BSP application.

It meas when we select the tab we should be able to see a specific BSP Application there.

How can this be made possible?

One way that I can think of is by creating the Service calls... However, I am not sure how can the service call can be created and used to call a BSP App to be displayed on the screen.

Waiting for your replies.

Regards,

Kunjal Patel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IFrame is a deprecated UI element, you will not have any support for this UI element in future.

I don't see any other possible solution for this.

However, you can navigate to a BSP page and again get back to the same web dynpro applicaiton with the retained state using suspend and resume plugs.

Abhi

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>IFrame is a deprecated UI element, you will not have any support for this UI element in future.

This is absultely true that he iFrame is currently deprecated and I have given this advice in the past as well. However with NetWeaver 7.0 EnhP2, SAP is going to un-dreprecate the iFrame. It still has limitations about state management that you should strongly consider, but with this knowledge in hand I personally would be less concerned about using it - especially for stateless BSP integration.

Another alternative if you are running in the Portal is to use two different iViews. One iView with your WDA and one with your BSP. You can communicate back and forth with them using Portal Eventing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply. It was quite helpful in analyzing the available options for the development.

Now, with the further analysis from your inputs, following are the findings:

1. BSP is a Stateful BSP.

2. Yes, We are using this web-dynpro in the portal. How can we go about with the alternative way suggested by you about the iView? As i have very limited knowledge about the Portal hence a little more help from you will be helpful.

Is it like we can provide a button on the screen and then when a user clicks the button the result is a new window of the browser with the given portal link?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Kunjal Patel

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

For more information on Portal Eventing between WDA and BSP have a look at this blog:

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2005/12/15/portal-eventing-a-solution-for-global-peace-and-harmony

There are also some videos in this blog:

/people/thomas.jung/blog/2006/06/20/web-dynpro-abap-demonstration-videos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this link it will help you to call a BSP application from ABAP webdynpro.

[http://www.sapdev.co.uk/sap-webapps/sap-webdynpro/wdp_callprintbsp.htm]

Thanks,

Rajkumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunjal,

if you have BSP's application URL , then within webdynpro you can show the application using the IFRAME ui element. Application would be shown in place.

Greetings

Prashant.