cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove "Null" during Syndication in MDM 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While doing syndication in MDM 7.1 if the source field is Blank then MDM takes "NULL" as default in destination preview. Can someone help how to remove this "Null" string from the detination preview.

Regards

PTM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check for this Mapped field say Field1 in Destination Items tab.

In Destination Items tab, corresponding to your map field, select this map field and check the Default Text property for this Field1 equal to blank , if you have given here value Null then during destination preview it might pick Null. I am not quite sure but this may be one reason for coming Null as default if you specify NULL for this Default Text Property.

Best Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep ,

Thanks for the reply. In MDM 7.1 guide for Syndicator in page109 its mentioned"If no text is entered in the Default Text property, the NULL value will appear in the syndication file." as a note.

If I try to enter a text in Default Text property in destinationitems tab it allows me, but restricts me to check the checkbox. I think If I m able to check the checkbox the problem would get resolved.

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try unchecking the required property or the static text property before checking the default text property.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Minaz,

Its already Unchecked. For default text property the check box is greyed out . It does allow to make any changes.

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your inherit property is set it wouldnt allow to change any other property.Try unchecking that too.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must be getting two checkboxes, select the right one and save it.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check note 1305691 if that is the problem you have (under Import Server) and respectively upgrade to SP01 Patch 04. If not, I would recommend to report this error to SAP.

Best regards

Christian