cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Client copy is very slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Our production serve is running 27 X 7 in night minimum 20 users is connected and doing work on sap and in 8:00am to 6:00Pm arround 110 users connected .in 3 years before when our company implemented sap I do remote coped client every month but last 1 and half year I am unable to do remote client copy.

It will take around 3 days (around 160 GB of data) after completed remote client copy it was give dump because of number range.

What is the solution, can I used Oracle import and export utilities or any other solution

Regards

shahid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answerd

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

160 GB of data is not so big, it should be done in 4 o 8 ours máx.

I think that you have a network configuration problem or a high bottleneck there or you have slow network interfaces.

I sugest you to chec out for errors on network interfaces, switches and routers.

If that is all ok, the second step is to check disk performace.

If nothing can be done on the previous steps, as said in other answers given, another way to copy production data to qas or test is by means of a

homogeneus system copy, but you have to do a special procedure to copy it online.

regards

Geert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

In addition to what others suggested, you may also want to check DB performance of you target system. I am not sure what is your database, in case of Oracle db-cache_size, shared_pool_size and pga_aggregate_taget needs to be adjusted for opitimal performance of DB during system copies.

If you need more please let me know.

Thank you,

Praveen

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shahid, Remote client copy takes longer time as compered to client export import.

We did RCC in our landscape and it also took around three days. We have 200 GB DB and we did this on weekend. We did RCC from PROD to DEV wirh SAP_ALL profile parameters.

What I would suggest you is next time onwards you can do RCC on weekends when there are less Background And Dialogue wp's occupied and Also While doing RCC from SCC9 schedule in background and Increase the number of parallel processess.

In our case we had 8 Dia and 5 Back ground processes.

I opted for to 8 parallel processes. By default system takes one process.

Hope it helps.

Regards,Amber S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below link :

It will explain you all the information about client copies and error trouble shooting.

http://www.saptechies.com/faq-client-copy/

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shahid,

you can use your online backup to get restore of your R/3 system. But I am sure that you can't just remote client copy because your R/3 data must be grown heavily.

some of storage system such as Hitachi Data System (HDS) has its block level storage copy so that you can have identic copy of your R/3 system.

ardhian

http://ardhian.kioslinux.com

http://sapbasis.wordpress.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

As posted above by Brinkmeier , it is good idea to do system copy, below is the note to improve the performance of copy.

Note 489690 - CC INFO: Copying large production clients

Regards,

Sreenivas .Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do a system copy from an online backup.

Regards,

ulf