cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status for Order Rel. Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create an Order relevant billing doc (proforma invoice) which should update the Sales order status in the Document Flow after Billing is created. I mean the Sales should get completed after billing.

I have maintained the Item category as relevant for billing with billing relevance as D (Relevant for Proforma Inv.) but the order status is Open after creating a Proforma Invoice.

Please let me know the solution so that I can implement the same if ok. Though I am using a proforma invoice I can also use another billing doc type if this can help which gets released to accounting.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in VOV8 for your sales document type whether the order rel-billing type is activated or not

Regards,

Hari CHalla.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pradyumna,

I want to create an Order for service item with order relevant billing the order should get completed after billing. I need not require a proforma invoice.

Please suggest what should be done cause when i did the same without proforma the status shows the order is being processed.

Also I want to know for my knowledge when does an order gets completed and when does a delivery gets completed I know a billing gets completed when its posted to accounting. Please let me know.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Infact,billing is created as per the "Billing relevance" value (order realted,delivery related etc) in the Item category of Sales document.

If the item is relevant for delivery(i.e, item category, billing relevance is delivery related),then once you deliver the order completely, then only the status of the Sales order gets completed which you can see in the document flow also.

Similarly, Delivery gets completed status when Billing document is created with reference to this Delivery.

If the item category is relevant for order related billing like in services, there is no physical delivery created. Here the subsequent process of Sales order is Billing.

So, in this case when the order is billed completely then the order will get completed status.

But,irrespective of the "Billing relevance"(order related or delivery related), creation of Proforma Invoice does not update the status of the reference document.This is controlled from copy control as I have already mentioned in my earlier post.

Proforma Invoice is a dummy invoice.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit

As you are doing order related billing (proforma invoice) , In VTFA select the item category and then in that item category check the box Document flow as X. Then the data will get updated

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In standard system status of the reference document is not updated by Proforma Invoice.

Therefore, you may create as many Proforma Invoices you want as there is no updation in the status of the reference document (Sales order/Deliver document).

You go to the Copy control(VTFL) for LF to F8, at Item level, you will find a Field "Positive/negative".

This field has been made disable by SAP so that by mistake also you should not be able to enter any value in this field.

This field helps in the updation of status in the reference document which has been kept disable by SAP as it is logical.

Therefore ,I feel, in standard system it is not possible to meet your requirement. You may consult your ABAPer if possible.

Proforma Invoice is a dummy invoice for which no postings are made to accounting ,hence no accounting document is create.