cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No selected set is assigned to the class characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am geeting Error when trying assign a class characteristic and in the MIC i have maintained selected sets

No selected set is assigned to the class characteristic

Message no. QS087

Diagnosis

To link a master inspection characteristic with a class characteristic of type "CHAR", a selected set must be entered in the class characteristic.

I have tried to go to Value tab in Change Charateristics - and tried to click on addition value, to get the selected selected sets

but i am not seeing any selected i have assigned to the MIC.

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186399
Active Contributor

Dear Ram

For assigning class Chararcteristic of type CHAR to MIC you need to assign selected in Class characteristic. For this please follow the steps

1) go to CT04 > input the class characteristic > enter

2) Go to Value Tab

3) click on Tab Other value Check

4) Choose Catalog *char

5) Input the selected set of Catalog Type 1

6) Now try assign CC with Mic

Hope this helps

regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have folowed the path given by you'll but in my case the Other Value Check Tab is grey.

have i missed out some other settings.

Regards Ram

Edited by: RAMKUMAR WARIYAR on Feb 26, 2009 12:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue not solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

check which control indicator i.e. Summerized rec or single result u have maintained for qualitative char. for which u want to update the results in batch after UD. If control indicator for that qualitative char. is single result then result will not be updated in batch after UD despite integration between Class char. and MIC.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit,

My requirement is that i want to update qualitative characteristics in the batch,quantitative characteristics are updating with out any problem.If example if have maintain Qualitative  characteristics e.g. ok and not and if batch i have put ok and during quality check its changed to not ok .its not updating.

Regards

RAm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

If suppose u have created qualitative mic as QUALITY and its values are OK & NOT OK.Check for qualitative characteristic QUALITY you have maintained control indicator "SUMM. RECORDING" and not "SINGLE RESULT". If for qualitative char. control indicator single result is on then values from result recording will not update in batch values.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RamKumar,

Will u please tell me how did you enter selected set in "Othre value check" tab.

In my case too "Catalog Char." is gray

Please guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Just to finish the answer completely.

You can only assign a selected set when creating a new characteristic. In case of an already existing characteristic the option is greyed out.

After I did this the solution worked fine and I could use the characteristic in my Master Inspection Characteristic.

Regards,

Arno

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ram

Not sure , please try this

SPRO>QM> Basic Setting > Maintain plant level setting > plant> Inspection completion> Batch valuation without material specification.

regs

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gajesh,

I have maintained above settings you have said,My main problem is that is in batch where i have maintained Numeric values in characteristic and for which i have maintained class characteristics these MICs the values get update after result recording and UD in the batch,

In the case of a batch characteristics which is of CHAR type and for this i have maintain selected sets in Other values check tab,i want to update these batch values through result recoding in QM but its not happening.

Is it only updating Numeric values in Batch through QM.

Example :I have maintained Product as characteristics in Batch and itsvalues are Coils,circle and sheet.(here i have assigned this as Selected Sets in other values check)

similiar i have maintained Selected set Coil,circles and sheet in QM

if production as entered in Characteristics as Sheet but in QM the Q.C person changes the product to circels,my client wants these values to get updated but its not happening.

Whereas any characteristics with numeric values get updated.

Edited by: RAMKUMAR WARIYAR on Feb 28, 2009 11:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ramkumar,

Try creating characteristic with the following steps

1. During creation of characteristics in QS21 select data type CHAR and in the values tab

click on other value check u will get 4 options, select the option 'Catalog char'

2. Now system will prompt to assign plant and slected set code.

3. After creating chararacteristics, assign in to class

4. Use this class charcateristics in ur MIC

Hope this helps u

Regards

Venugopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dera Gurus,

I have a been able enter values in other value check tab,then i have created an prod.order,during confirmation of order i did enter the values of selected sets in the batch and then an inspection lot is created,in Result recording tab the MIC for which the class characteristics is miantained is grey field

Is it that i can't enter values in RR if i have enter value through selected sets in batch.

My aim was that i want to update batch values by entering values at result recording stage.even if i have entered values in batch through selected set.

Regards

Ram