Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP Doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

Could you please help me out to know these questions

1. How to add a KF to planning area and planning book?

2. What are attributes and values in macros?

3. How to do kiyfigure fixing at planning table?

Thanx in advance

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

1) If you want to add new key figure for existed PA

first of all we need take backup PA through Copy ver magt.

Tcode - /SAPAPO/TSCOPY

Program - /SAPAPO/TRSCOPY

then de- initialize the PA (delete the time series objects)

it allows you to add new key figures for exited PA

then we again Initialize our PA because there is no data effect your PA

for the above process using /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN, select u r PA from the context menu.then right click on PA select Create Time Series Objects for creation or Delete Time Series Objects provide Planning ver and time horizons

then execute.

2)key figure fixing tab is available in Planning Area details.

Regards

Pullaiah

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

Thanx a lot for your quick response,

my question regarding planning area and planning book is ...

How to add a new KF to the existing P.A( for which time series also created) .

and the same with Planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You can follow these steps to add new Key Fgure in planning area and planning book

Take back up of planning Area.

Delete Time series

Change planning area-->Add Key figure

Re-intialise planning area.

Add the new Key Figure to Planning Book

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

If planning area is initialized, then you will have to de-initialize your planning area first before you can add the keyfigures. You must be careful becuase data in planning area will be lost when you de-initialize it. Once you de-initialize, you can add keyfigures to your planning area. Pls remember you may also have to re-generate your datasource in case you have defined any backup cubes based on your planning area.

For planning book, you can directly add the keyfigure once it is available in planning area. But a note of caution here too. When you add keyfigures in-between in the data views, your macros may get deactivated due to chaneg in order of keyfigures and may need to be corrected & initialized again.

Cheers,

Srinidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

As of SCM 5.0 you can add a new Keyfigure in the already existing PA without deinitializing the PA, however, you have to be very careful in doing so because time series objects may affect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on SCM 5.0 too..but i couldnt goto the change mode unless i de-initialise the PA.

Can you provide more details on how to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may not be having suffecient authorization in Production system, please try it in dev client it should allow you to go to change mode. Right click on the PA, select Change Keyfigure settings, say Yes..now you can add the new KF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To answer your questions:

1) To add KF to a planning area :-

Goto transaction /sapapo/msdp_admin , select your planning area and goto the change mode.

You would see a table on left "Planning Area" and a table on right "Copy fr" with some infobjects.

The fields from Copy fr are the ones created as infoobjects in RSA1. You need to select your info-objects and transfre them to the left table.

Thus your KF's are added to the planning area.

To add KF to planning book:

Goto /sapapo/sdp8b, enter the plannig area.

Once you do this all the KF's are available to use in the planning book.

Again you need to transfer the relevant KF's from planning area table to planning book table.

Thus your KF's are added to the planning book

2) Attributes and values in the macro's indicate what you property of the cell you want to use in the macro calculation. When you say value it picks the value of the cell.

However, in case when you want to read the period bucket, in this case you dont want the value but you want the attribute of the cell. Some of the functions like BUCKET_FISCAL_PERIOD which deal with the column property need to have attribute selected.

3)For Fixing of keyfigures please refer:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/02/7650c7353611d398290000e8a49608/frameset.htm

Please let me know if this helps.