Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create ABAP proxy for a JAVA webservice

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SOA Expoerts,

I want to consume a Java webservice from ABAP. The WS is visible in the wsnavigator, the name is "RepositoryFrameworkWS", the method "ping" can be tested in wsnavigator. (but it says: the WS is not published)

I have created a client proxy in SE80, it was activated successfully. Then I created a logical port in SOAMANAGER.

When I now try to test the proxy class method "ping" I get a SOAP error "400 bad request".

Now my question is: Was the general procedure ok or am I doing something completely wrong ? Did I miss any steps ? Must I publish the WS in the Visual admin ?

Does anyone have some good documentation on this ? (consume Java webservice from ABAP).

Thank you,

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You said you created an abap proxy for the java web service.

>When I now try to test the proxy class method "ping"

What do you mean ?

Did you create a test program which uses this proxy to call the web service ?

>Does anyone have some good documentation on this ? (consume Java webservice from ABAP).

The whole point of web services is that you don't have to know or care in which language the web service is implemented. You just need the WSDL to geenerate a proxy.

Then you have to configure the proxy with SOAMANAGER and then to write an abap program to use this proxy to call the web service.

Regards,

Olivier

Johnny_B_
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Olivier,

I did not write an ABAP program but I just executed the proxy class directly in SE24. The instance was created with the name of the logical port in SOAMANAGER. Then I just tried to execute the method "ping" of the proxy class, which led to the mentioned SOAP error message.

Which WSDL do I need ? In the wsnavigator I can choose RPC or Document, and then Default or SAP_WSDL to download the WSDLs.

And do I need to publish the webservice (which I want to consume) on the Java stack ? or ist it already published when the wsnavigator can access it ? (the service resides on the Java stack, and I want to consume it from the ABAP stack from the same system)

Thank you,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

In my system, I have an abap proxy which runs perfectly from the abap program.

I tried to use it from SE24 and it gave me also an error.

So I don't know if it's really possible to test from SE24.

I would not be surprised if test from SE24 was only possible with SP < 14.

You don't need to publish (like UDDI) a web service to be able to use it.

I think that if you see it from wsnavigator, that should be fine.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Johannes,

Which WSDL do I need ? In the wsnavigator I can choose RPC or Document, and then Default or SAP_WSDL to download the WSDLs.

Try this: [Accessing a Service|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/b8/a3cca166d440c29931c0c5494c32e5/frameset.htm]

And do I need to publish the webservice (which I want to consume) on the Java stack ? or ist it already published when the wsnavigator can access it ? (the service resides on the Java stack, and I want to consume it from the ABAP stack from the same system)

In short, no. You can safely use the Web service without publishing it - as Olivier explained, you need only the WSDL.

The "publishing" term is usually used when you register (publish) a Web service in the UDDI server or the Services Registry. Publishing is only relevant if you want other people to be able to locate the registered service in the UDDI server.

Hope this helps,

Rossen