cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty the queues in Engine Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We've got some queues in the Engine Status (chosen from the RWB --> Adapter Engine <SID>) that seem to contain erroneous entries. Nothing is processed (nothing to see in communication channel monitoring), although in the Engine Status --> Additional Status I can see entries in the queue and the system thinks it's having 5/5 processes active. In SXMB_MONI the messages all have a finish flag, but the acknowledge status is "still awaiting acknowledgment".

I'd like to cleanup this queue by simply deleting the messages it contains, but I'm not able to do that anywhere. Doen anybody have an idea on how to do this?

Kind regards, Wilbert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just check the target system is up and running to which you are sending your msgs.......if it is up and still the msgs are having waiting ack status in SXMB_MONI and the comm channels does not show any processing, then try to stop the comm channels and restart it..........then re-run your scenario........if still the new msg has waiting ack status in SXMB_MONI, then ask your basis guys to restart your XI J2EE engine..............then re-run your scenario.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the replies.

The messages cannot be canceled in SXMB_MONI. I guess this has to do with the status the message already has.

Kind regards, Wilbert

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not SXMB_MONI.

Try it in RWB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions on how to do that, as I'm not able to find where I can do that.

Kind regards, Wilbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

log into XI.......run transaction SXMB_IFR.......then click on Runtime Workbench.......then go to Message Monitoring...........choose Adapter Engine.............select your sender msgs..........then try to cancel them using Cancel button........

then re-run your scenario............if your new msg is also in waiting ack status, then just check your target system is up and running fine, if your target system is also up and still the new msg is in waiting ack status, then ask your basis guys to restart your XI J2EE engine........then again re-run your scenario.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I found it. The messages have been canceled and I'm restarting the Java engine now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello,

>

> We've got some queues in the Engine Status (chosen from the RWB --> Adapter Engine <SID>) that seem to contain erroneous entries. Nothing is processed (nothing to see in communication channel monitoring), although in the Engine Status --> Additional Status I can see entries in the queue and the system thinks it's having 5/5 processes active. In SXMB_MONI the messages all have a finish flag, but the acknowledge status is "still awaiting acknowledgment".

>

> I'd like to cleanup this queue by simply deleting the messages it contains, but I'm not able to do that anywhere. Doen anybody have an idea on how to do this?

>

> Kind regards, Wilbert

In SXMB_MONI the messages all have a finish flag, but the acknowledge status is "still awaiting acknowledgment".

~~~~

try to cancel the messages. Else you will have to wait for them to time out since they are waiting ack.

Last option try to restart the java stack and then clear the messages by canceling them.