cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 data modelling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to crate new repository in MDM 7.1. MDM 7.1 offers us multi main table concept.

I want to create repository with Products , vendors and customers. I want to make use SAP standard business content.

First I created repository based product a2a file. when I am trying to import a2a file for remaining content its overwriting.

How can we achive this functionality. we can do by manul creation of tables. but dont want to create main tables directly in Console.

Thanks in Advance.

Kiran.G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding, I feel that you would only able to archive one repository and for the remaining two repositories you need to evalute and analyse repositories carefully and then add manually fields in this repository into the main as well as subtables. Morever i think you should archive repostory with maximum number of fields and tables among the three so that creating remaining fields manually saves your time.

As this repository will have three main tables and and each main table like Supplier is look up main to Customer and Customer lookup main to Vendors . So i feel import the other schemas may be not help you as even it allows you to import other schema but i think it would enter all the fields in single main table which is not your requirement. if you find any solution other than manual please share with us.

Best Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

this is just an idea of how it may work:

First you have to unarchive all three repositories separately. Then export their schemas. Go to one of them (maybe the one with most fields), and import the other schemas. Do not delete anything but rather add only content into the repository. Ignore common lookup tables. At the end you should have most objects from the other repositories in that repository. Then you can create linkages between the tables by creating respective fields of type Lookup[Main].

I did not try that, but maybe it helps.

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I think you are asking about how to work with multiple main tables specific to the MDM 7.1 version.

In this case you will need help from experts who have specifically worked on SAP-MDM 7.1 latest version.

I do not have much idea on this however in my opinion,if you are working with separate business contents.They will be pertaining to differnt MDM repository even in 7.1.

I do not think it is possible to unarchive multiple different business content master repositories over one and expect MDM to internally put them in two MDM main tables and establish the linking between the two.

I am not fully sure how the business content of MDM 7.1 are build.But as you have said they are separate ones for Customer and Material and Vendor. I do not think it is possible to use this predefined Business content overlappingly.

You will have to manully work on such kind of master data whereby you want to accomodate two masters under one rep

Say for ex:

You are working with Customer master for insurance domain.

You may want to store Cutomer Deatils in one Main table

and Policy details in another main table of the same Repository.

This will be a manual process based on the scenario.To have an archive version of this kind of information SAP will have to deliver something similar to this, so that you can use it directly as an archived version.

To know more on how MDM 7.1 works you can refer the below link:

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001827872008E

If you go through the pdf attached for the sapnote for each business content you will understand that these content are specific to one master and so stored under one main table.You can modify them manually as per your req.

Also you will get an undesrtanding of the 7.1 business content with the 5.5.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

From the Business content, take the a2a file which exists in each of the different content zip files, and you need to unarchive it in the console.

Put the .a2a file in the archive folder of the server.

The Archived file gets saved in C: ->Program Files->SAP MDM 5.5->Server->Archives folder of your server machine.

For UnArchiving it, follow the below steps:

1. Right click on server name

2. Choose "Unarchive repo" option.

3. Provide the DB Login and Password detials.

4. Click on next.

5. Give the Repository name you want to create and the Archive name from which the repository is to be created.

You can check the below related threads too:

For importing data provided, refer the below which is very useful:

Hope it helps.

Thank you,

Priti.

Edited by: Priti Rani Patnaik on Feb 26, 2009 1:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My issue is how do we archive 3 business content into 1 repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Once you have the archive files in the archive directory of the server folder, you can unarchive them and use them.Select the right click on the server level node, say unarchive, and give the name of the archieve,repository and other details.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz