cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP mapping split messages and dynamic filename

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have set up a IDOC to file scenario where the IDOC is split into several files, which works fine. In addition to this it is required to set a dynamic filename out of the ABAP mapping for each file. If only one file is created this works already as well but how do you set the dynamic configuration when the messages are split?

Regards,

Andreas

Edited by: Andreas on Feb 26, 2009 9:09 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you cannot do dynamic configuration for message splits. The below is from SAP help.

Adapter-Specific Attributes and Multi-Mappings

In multi-mappings, there are multiple message headers with adapter-specific attributes. The mapping API can only access one message header. This has the following consequences depending on whether there are multiple source or target messages:

u25CF     1:n Transformation

If there are multiple target messages, the header for the adapter-specific attributes is copied for each message. This means that you can only create one header for all adapter-specific attributes, and not individual headers.

u25CF     n:1 Transformation

This variant is only possible for multi-mappings in integration processes. If there is more than one source message, read-access to the adapter-specific attributes of the various message headers is not possible at runtime.

u25CF     m:n Transformation

All afore-mentioned restrictions apply here. Developers can at most write the same adapter-specific attributes for all target messages to the header, without read-access to the attributes of the source messages. m:n transformations are only supported within integration processes.

What i will suggest is to use BPM to have the message split i.e 1:N mapping and then after that have another mapping 1-1 to have the dynamic configuration

Answers (0)