Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ArchiveLink: Impact on SAP when changing path of stored file in CMS

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dears,

Currently we have an ArchiveLink scenarios configured for storing incoming/outgoing documents, print lists and data archived from SAP into HTTP content server of external non-SAP Content Management System (developed by EMC company).

Now the team responsible for support and maintenance of that external CMS would like to re-organize files stored in the repository including SAP-related data. In particular, it is planned to change paths for objects placed in the content repository by the SAP system (no actual movements of files on physical level will take place!). Would you please advise if you can foreseen any impact of these actions for the SAP system (especially for print lists and ADK-files)? Will it be possible to execute archiving read programs and search in archives after logical paths for this archive file is changed in the CMS?

Please note that no re-configuration on SAP side will be performed u2013 the only activity planned in performed on CMS side.

Thank you in advance!

My regards,

Vadim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends from your external CMS system.

The only answer is to experiment on a testbed system.

Regards,

Olivier

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier!

The system used as an external CMS is EMC Documentum.

Yes, I see that the best way is to have an experiment and something like proof of concept - but we are short in time and if somebody have already tested this, I would appreciate responses.