cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Workflow logs data to BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where in the workflow log data (that can be found in PI using the Tcode RSA3 and the data source 0BPM_WIHEAD) has to be uploaded into BI. The document PI -> BI integration on SDN talks about a specfic requirement (some employe data etc) in which the data is coming from external system and getting uploaded into BI. But in my case, the following points are to be observed

1. Input data is not coming from any external system, instead that exists in the ABAP tables of PI itself and hence the source system is PI and the scenario gets restricted to PI->BI integration.

2. The data should be pushed out from PI or pulled in from PI without any user intervention. (should be automated similar to job scheduliing etc.)

Can any one please help me out in this issue.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Anil Kumar Veepuri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Please see my comment below:

Input data is not coming from any external system, instead that exists in the ABAP tables of PI itself and hence the source system is PI and the scenario gets restricted to PI->BI integration.

I would suggest you to do proxy to proxy scenario, but do it at a different client of PI system. It will save you from interfering with the PI Integration engine directly.

In your client ABAP proxy program you can read (SELECT statement) the table value from other client (your PI client in this case) by addition CLIENT SPECIFIED.

All other configurations for proxy like the RFC destinations settings etc is just exactly the same as if the calls are from external system.

2. The data should be pushed out from PI or pulled in from PI without any user intervention. (should be automated similar to job scheduliing etc.)

Just schedule your client ABAP proxy program in the background to retrieve the data at the regular interval

Regards,

Lim...