cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO DP, mass updates of key figures, options?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

Due to the financial downturn we're facing the need to adjust a whole lot of cvc's downward in our DP setup

We have a setup with around 50.000 CVC's, and a great many of them need to be adjusted. We have a key figure that takes percentages as input, and we then use that to calculate how much to adjust a given key figure. Generally we want to adjust a given selection by a fixed percentage (10, 20, 30% etc.)

As mentioned we want to mass update these key figures (potentially 1000s of CVC's) since it's both work intensive and error-prone to do this manually.

Does anyone have any experience with doing mass updates of key figures in DP?

I was thinking about building some macros that could do the update for the relevant time period and the relevant selections, it would probably work. But is there some other way to do this?

It is a little scary for me to run update macros on 1000s of CVC's

I was looking at the distribution and realignment functions too but they don't seem to be quite what we need.

Any experiences to share?

Edited by: Simon Pedersen on Feb 26, 2009 8:19 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

If I understood your issue correctly, you want to mass update values in Key Figure. I think you can explore "Excel upload" functionality in DP for the same.

Regards,

SP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ended up building 12 macros, one for each month. The macros take user input for the percentage and then updates the relevant fields for all levels. This seems to cover our needs.