cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to publish a 3rd party webservice ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a wsdl file of the 3rd party webservice and now i need to consume this service in ABAP on ECC 6.0.

I am following the video presentation by Thomas Jung

/people/thomas.jung/blog/2007/12/17/consuming-services-with-abap

while doing so the service already exists in SOAMANAGER under services so that it will be aviable for consuming. How can i make my 3rd party WSDL to be available there. Do i need to publish my service ?

any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

There no need to publish the 3rd party service in the sap registry. we can consume directly by creating consumer proxy.

Thanks,

Raj

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

pl follow the following steps;

1. import the wsdl in ESR through external definition.

2. create a service interface through the external definition that you imported .

3. now go to the correspoonding SAP system -> go to tcode sproxy and you wil be able to see your

servie interface here -> here you can right click and create the proxy

4. after you are done with your implementation , go to SOA MANAGER and create a binding for your wsdl

4. After the proxy creation is completed, you can publish it to the service registry using tcode wspublish

above steops are used so that you can use ECC to provide a servie

To allow ABAP to consume chk:

Edited by: Tarang Shah on Feb 27, 2009 2:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PI you will be importing your 3rd party WSDL as a external definiton and then create a service interface for it...........then you will have to publish this service interface from Enterprise Service Builder to Service registry............

then from ECC by transaction SOAMANAGER, you can create a logical port for this service to consume this service.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try to publish the service interface. I will try to look into some blogs on How to publish a service interface into service registry.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I have consumed the the 3rd party WSDL and created the consumer proxy object with out publishing the service.

I have tried to define the Logical Port for this proxy in the SOAMANAGER and when i have provided all the details of the URL and Login details for the WSDL access settings with the option HTTP access.

I am getting the errros as below

SRT Framework Exception: Error in WSDL access: Exception occured in communication Framework:

Error in HTTP Framework:

I have tried the same URL in the browser with the login details and i am able to access the WSDL but from different server.

I am tryinng all these by logging into ECC 6.0 from the webgui on a different server. Do you think the actual ECC 6.0 server from where the request goes the might be blocked?

any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks,

Raj