cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When IDoc Serialization is required ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

IDoc's are serialized in master data distribution.

When IDoc serialization by IDoc adapter is required and also when ALE serialization of IDoc's is requried?

Is it necessary to tune on both of the above at the same time or any one?

In which scenario both serialzation technique is tuned on?

Please shed me some lights on this with business cases.

Regards,

Thiyagu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Serialization is classified as follows:

1)Idoc serialization by idoc adapter.

2)Idoc serialization by ALE

2a)Serialization by object type.

2b)Serialization by message type.

2c)Serialization at idoc level.

Rgds

joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the real business scenarios for the above mentioned cases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For using IDOC serialization by IDOC adpater, you can configure any IDOC to flow from R/3 to XI like MATMAS, DEBMAS etc....

For ALE serialization, if you want to send a IDOC from R/3 to SRM or CRM system directly like ORDERS, INVOICE etc........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ALE Serialization :The concept of Serialization comes in when their requires ordering of the Message Types to avoid delays in transferring Idocs .Interdependent messages can be serially distributed through 3 different ways.Serialized messages can be of different types, all messages here relate to one special application object.Serialized can be both Master data and Transactional data. Transaction to maintain serialization group is BD44.

Thanks

Krithika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thiyagu ,

IDoc serialization is needed when we want the messages to flow in certain order.

Example: when we send vendor details (CREMAS), the receiver system might expect the address of vendor (ADRMAS) to be present in the system before vendor details(CREMAS) arrive .

In such cases, we need to setup in ALE, the serialization like ADRMAS should be sent before CREMAS.

Regards

Archanaa

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Serialization technique will be helpful most of the time in idoc to flat file or external system updation. Due to some technical problems some times idoc sender side sequence will be change, so accordingly receiver side data sequence will be change, due to this problem we are using serialization technique. Most of the time this technique will be use in industrial requirement. For configuration find below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/bd/277264c3ddd44ea429af5e7d2c6e69/content.htm

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/28/setting-up-inbound-qrfc-queues-for-serializing-idocs-using-the-idoc-adapter

/people/community.user/blog/2006/11/04/how-to-serialize-idoc-xml-messages-fed-into-xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When IDoc serialization by IDoc adapter is required and also when ALE serialization of IDoc's is requried? - When IDOCs are sent from R/3 to XI, then IDOC serialization is done by IDOC adapter......When you are sending IDOCs from one R/3 system to another R/3 system directly using ALE communication, then you require ALE serialization of IDOCs..........So depending on your scenario, you will be using IDOC adapter or doing ALE serialization or using both.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

and what about file > XI > IDOC scenario what kind of serialization is this?

I have a similar dilema where i need to post ADRMAS03 before CREMAS05 in R3 for the above scenario. But dont know how to set up serialization since wverywhere i have seen they only describe serialization from R3 to R3 or IDOC > XI > IDOC.....but never my scenario File > XI > IDOC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos