cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No values when the approver rejects the form ( HCM forms)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

When i am filling the form with the data from the BAdi and sending it to the approval for the final approval .

Problem : The approver rejects the form . The forms comes into the workspace of the Initiator * where are the values are getting washed off .*

Done : I am attaching all the fields to special fields .Even i have created a operation for this purpose .

Do i have to check the processing type . As of now its the initialize .

Please provide your input and let me know what all things i have to take care in this case .

Thanks ,

Om

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All "reject" does is send a process code. Your workflow then determines how to handle it based on that code. As for your fields getting "washed out", are you sure you are handing them off correctly? For example, if you are going from one form scenario to another, you have to "map" that passing of fields. If within the same form scenario, I would say either (1) your workflow is set up wrong and you are losing integrity of your process object or (2) your not seeing what you think you are seeing. You can check this in CASE Mgmt and see what is happening all along your process. and as Kevin said...I would not go making all of your fields "special".....that is used for something quite different...I rarely, if ever, need or even try to make any fields "special".....it's just extra work that buys you nothing much usually overall. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin and Chris ,

Thanks for the input you both gave . Ya i have made them special field only .

Actually earlier i was populating the field in the initialization method .

Now i am doing it in the Get_value_help method . Now its working fine ..

Thanks again for the input provided .

- Om

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have populated all the values in the Initialized method . but at the same time all the field which i am using

are attached to the special fields .

Thanks ,

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Om,

For one, you shouldn't have all your fields attached to special fields. And second, anytime I have worked with forms, when an approver rejects a form, it terminates the workflow. Now, I'm not a workflow expert, but if you were planning on sending it back to the author for changes, I would use the Back to Author option instead of the Reject (I think that's how it goes).

Hope this helps...

Cheers,

Kevin