cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope of work SC/PO in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is that you have a server reapir needed and you are not sure about the amount of labor and also amount for any spares?

So I need to create a SC and release against a Contract, for example I have a contract with IBM for their servers with both Service lines and Spares lines.

I could think of creating a limit item SC, say for $1000 and released against this contract with IBM. And it created a PO in ECC with Item Category D

Then, the work is performed and I tried to create a confirmation in SRM with line one with Serice and Labor for $300 and line two with spare parts of $700.

But I couldn't confirm against any material line as the PO is purely Service.

So, my question in general is, I am pretty sure many big companies might have faced this scenario in procurement of unknown amount of goods and services on one PO/SC.

What is the easier/other option to do this.

I know that we can't create two limit item PO's and more over, one line should be for materials.

Please share your input on this.

Thanks,

CS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

I have not extensively worked with services but my suggestions

Assumed that you created a Limit SC with the option of confirmation.

Thats why you have refered a r/3 Contract in limit sc of contract TAB.

Hope that you have created a PO in R/3 for the services.

so can you create a service entry sheet in r/3 rather than SRM . it is a workaround

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks for the response, I respect your work in sdn, you almost have solutions for most of the questions, anyways, I for got to mention that we are using ECS. The copy of PO created in ECC is services PO, the contract/PO is all in SRM.

My challenge is to crate scope of unknown labor and materials in one SC/PO.

Thanks,

CS

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi CS,

plz refer these ..following notes and links. it is a limitations of limit PO.

Note 1302125 - Not able to add two or more limit items in purchase order

Note 1054487 - Multiple limit items allowed in purchase order

Note 1243836 - Manual entry of invalid contract allowed in contract limit

Note 1301483 - PO with two or more limit items goes to Error in Process

coming to your point unknown /always it is necessary to mention a price in PO .it is a rule.it can not be flexible.

regards

Muthu