cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0FI_GL_4 Extractor Enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

Here is a situation, I need to add PO & some BSET ( Taxes ) related information to this Extractor. I have added few fields to this Extraction Structure DTFIGL_4 by appending it Via RSA6 Transaction.

Now, I am not able to see these new fields in RS02 / RSA6 transaction. I have made sure to activate the append structure and main structure after the enhancement. I have also logged out and log back into to see if it makes any difference.

Any Idea why this is happening and how can I get those fields into this field list? Is there any other way of getting PO information ( PO number, PO line Item number ) into this extraction structure / extractor?

Your help is highly appreciated and points can be awarded.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in teh followin threads

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is some interesting topic on RSA2.

As per this, We can only change using RSA2 if the system is Internal System but not Customer System.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reddy,

I am able to solve the problem by changing the table ROOSFILED via ABAP program.

My problem solved for now.

But, It still bothers me why we need do this way as opposed to system do it by itself.

Anyways, Thank you very much for your consistant help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Easiest thign would be to extract the GLPCA data via the 0EC_PCA_3 datasource as the GL4 extractor already does one pass through the extractor data even before you go through the cmod

And then model the data in BW using the GL4 DSO and the PCA3 DSO

On a normalish system the GL4 taking data out at 1000000 records can take 45 mins - then if you loop around the the cmod it can take another 20-30 mins even with select single *..

You have the option of using minute based extraction - see note 991429 -

no other changes.

Refer the below links..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0366a92-424e-2a10-569a-cc711dc1...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7061037/SAP-BW-Data-Source-Enhancement

Hope it helps you,

Regards,

Ravindra.

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto SE11 and give DTFIGL_4 an display and then find CI_BSIS include you add the componets under that CI_BSIS include then activate it and see the 0FI_GL_4 DS.

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Reddy,

Yes, I thought of that Option and tried that too.. Still the fields I have added into that structure CI_BSIS did not show up in my Data Source field list.

From my understanding, we need add missing fields from only BSIS table to this include CI_BSIS so that the system will bring the data into these new fields without any extractor coding.

Please correct me If I am wrong.

Thank you.

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in RSA2 in ECC, if you added the fields and activated it then it should appear in your DS.

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reddy,

One other question, When I open RSA2 Transaction, I am only able to display it. I do not have the change button or the change option in the Menu is greyed out.

Is it because I do not have enough authorizations?

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In RSA2, if it is P - Selection Adjustable, Visibility Set, then you can see it in DS. And also need to check in Transfer Poss.

You need to take authorizations and chenge it.

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried using SAP_ALL still the change option not there in RSA2.

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in

Thanks

Reddy

frank_rebholz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

what did you do excactly?

1. Create an append structure (RSA6), add the fields and activate it.

2. restart rsa6, select datasource and go into change mode, unhide all addtional fields (checkboxes)

3. Now create function module to fill this fields.

4. check RSA3

Best regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

I exactly did the same.. Unfortunately these new fields do not show up in in my data source field list.

Thank you.

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you ckeck in RSA2. If you added and then activated, it should appear in your DS.

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reddy,

Yes, I looked there too. I see my new fields there but under field attribute, I see the indicator 'A (Field in OLTP and BW Hidden by SAP).

By default system is hiding these fields from appearing in field list.

I know we can change this setting by crude way of udating the ROOSFIELD table. But, I am curious to see why the system is by default putting in hidden mode and preventing them even displaying in the Field list of data source.

I have another 4.7 system and I tried in there and it shows up as soon as I append the structure.

Not sure if I need to apply any patches or OSS in the system?

Thank you for your help.