Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Error SP15 SCA CAF cannot be deployed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

knowing that Sp15 is not the latest

In a double stack installation, where the abap stack has SP15 and AS Java had SP6, I tried to update the AS Java to SP15.

I've done this a many times before, but this time the JSPM stopped deploying SP15 at component caf (CAF15P_1-10003464.SCA (tried also 15-0 and 7-1 = same error) - server was in safe mode - no meaningful errors detected in the log files.

The problem that the server was in safe mode is solved. But always the same error/problem with caf.

There were two sca-files left (lm-tools and umeadmin) - both could be deployed after setting of the servers safe mode.

Tried again to deploy cafs sca - same behaviour - but the server is not again in "safe mode" .

Tried also to deploy via SDM - same problem.

I have really no idea left what caused this error.

Any ideas?

kind regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

I got it. Please check below notes. I am sure it will help you.

Note 1059751 - Upgrade of CAF to SP11 with JSPM

1010640 CAF 7.0 SP6 or SP7 upgrades to SP11+ require manual undeploy

Thanks,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

the component to be undeployed in our case was CAF~ts Note 907961

kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

If JSPM is in hang status then stop SAP from MMC(windows) to kill JSPM. Now start SAP & start JSPM & try to install only 1 patch at a time ( e.g.CAF). If It goes in safe mode then use config tool to bring it back to normal mode. You may need to stop your SAP system during JSPM to stop JSPM(if it goes in hang status).

Please check SAP Note 891983 JSPM Central SAP Note SAP NetWeaver 2004s AS Java.pdf.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Sorry but please read the question first.

No Problem with JSPM itself - single SCAs where deployed - with the errors described above.

I think I have to delete some files manually but don't remember which!

OK?

kind regards

Tom