cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Multi Selection from Table to BI Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

is it possible to send all selected rows from a multi-selection-enabled table to a BI Query (Filter or Variable Input port)?? I have tried that several times and in several different ways, but obviously only either the first or the last selected line were transferred to the Query.

These are things (among others) I tried:

- defined a Query containing a variable defined as multi value variable. Connected the out port of the table with the Variables port of the Query.

- connected the out port of the table with the Filter port of the Query.

The only why I got this thing working was with a manually build selection screen. In that screen I can select single values and add them to the list of selected values by hitting a button. Unfortunately that solution is very slow and not what our customer was looking for.

The customer wants a table where he can select several values (best case: with checkboxes) and send these selected values directly to queries.

I also couldn't find out how the values the table sends are delimited. Maybe thats the solution to my question...

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Stephan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Did you also choose "multiple select" in the Configure Panel of the link connecting the table to the BI Query? It's not enough to check multi-selection on the table; you also need to choose it on the link.

Good luck,

Eyal