cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal standard iview problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I using Portal MDM standard iviews, when I was trying to sort the table column in result set iview, I am getting error as

Error occurred: Error performing search. com.sap.mdm.net.ConnectionException: java.io.IOException: Unexpected socket read, got 0 bytes out of 4 total bytes expected (result=-1, iteration=0)., com.sap.mdm.net.ConnectionException: java.io.IOException: Unexpected socket read, got 0 bytes out of 4 total bytes expected (result=-1, iteration=0)., java.io.IOException: Unexpected socket read, got 0 bytes out of 4 total bytes expected (result=-1, iteration=0). (see log for details)

Does anybody know what it is?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Please check whether the field you wish to make sortable in portal is made sortable as Yes in the fields properties in MDM console.

As in MDM integration with portal in the standard way portal only reflects the configurations and settings as in the backend MDM system.

You have options in MDM console for setting the fields property for sort.Make the necessary changes and check again.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simano,

Thanks for your reply. I checked filed property in console, I have sort type property as u201Ccase Insensitiveu201D. Even if I changed into case sensitive or numeric then nothing will work.

Could you explain it for me?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In the Console, for that particular field in the repository, go to the Field detail tab and set the property SORT INDEX as TRUE. You do not have to change the property of Sort Type. You will find the SORT INDEX property just below the Unique Field property.

In my opinion, Setting SORT INDEX should make the field sortable through EP as well as EP reflects the properties set in MDM.

Kindly try and let me know.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simona,

That works for me.

Edited by: John Ashok on Feb 27, 2009 3:17 PM

Answers (0)