Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workcenter - about the sessions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When I enter the solman_workcenter transaction I get:

"Query 'ABAP Systems' is already open in another session", I found out that only one sessions is permitted to the transaction.

Can I configure it ?

Please advice,

Dimitry Haritonov

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member631699
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Try the following steps

1. Please implement the note 1836401 and the prerequisites 1873487,1902580 .
  2. Identify the POWL Query name and set the refresh type as: 'refresh on every LIST VISIT'.
  3. Important: Run the report POWL_D01 and remove the result list of your POWL
    Application ID, it#s very important because the cache would still contain the old refresh type and will not recognize the new refresh type, please run the report at first for one user ant test the behaviour, if it works run it for all other user
  4. Pass the application parameter REFRESHA with value X to your POWL application. After that retest your issue, it should work. if not implement the note 1975395 and its prerequisites and test again
Former Member
0 Kudos

I have logged off portal and logged back in and still see this message...

Message no. POWL016

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

how did you resolve these problem? I have the same issue, I've already logged off portal and then log on and the message is displayed one again.

Do you know where is this message triger?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

these are due to lock entries system makes for POWL

you can release the same via removing entry from SM12

and relogon to portal

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've also been encountering this error quite a lot. We've instructed our users to close all windows, log off, log back on, and even clear the browser cache. None of these seems to work. In the end, most users have to wait 24 hours for the system to unlock their report. It's quite frustrating really.

I'm going to experiment with SM12 now as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have logged off portal and logged back in and still see this message...

Message no. POWL016

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitry,

...I found out that only one sessions is permitted to the transaction.

It's not exactly related to the transaction solman_workcenter itself, but to the fact that the same query has been used within a certain work center displayed in another open window. One can't influence that behaviour.

The message "Query 'xxxxx' is already open in another session" (POWL016) comes from the POWL (Personal Object Work List). As recommended in the long text you might close one open window.

Best regards,

Andreas