Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization problem, roles with mapped profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Every one,

Good evening..

I have few authorization issues which have been requested for our review by auditors.

We found that few roles were mapped with multiple profiles.what could be the possibily to have mutiple profiles to a single role?

Please note that these roles are derived roles,not a composite role & Composite profiles.

Here you go with below examples which might give you a clear view.

Role & profiles Name User id

1) C_PUS_Mang XXXX

(Profiels ## T-D3060077, T-D30600771)

2)C_PUS_DESp_SUPERV XXXX

T-D3060644

T-D3060076

Any assistance and suggessions would be much appriciated.

Many Thanks,

Vinod

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a maximum number of authorizations which can be contained in a profile(99). If this number is reached, the next (sub-)profile is created (automatically in pfcg). that is the explanation for your 1st example.

Your second example seems to be an inconsistency. Please regenerate the profile to get the correct profile number(s).

b.rgds,

Bernhard

3 REPLIES 3

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a maximum number of authorizations which can be contained in a profile(99). If this number is reached, the next (sub-)profile is created (automatically in pfcg). that is the explanation for your 1st example.

Your second example seems to be an inconsistency. Please regenerate the profile to get the correct profile number(s).

b.rgds,

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I totally agree with what Bernhard has said except the fact that the maximum no.of authorizaions that fit in a single profile are more than 99. I hope that around 170 authorizations are permitted in a single profile.

If the authorizations that are provided in a role crosses the 170 limit, a second profile for the same role will be automatically created while generating the role following a numbering sequence.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshimi.

yes I got a bit mixed up.... 99 is the maximum number of subprofiles to the 'root'-profile in pfcg....

Correct is, that the maximum number of authorizations per profile is 150. Sorry for giving an incorrect information. A summary of some max.-numbers is contained in [SAP Note 410993|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/410993] .

b.rgds, Bernhard