cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Licensing for Approvers in GRC AC 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am looking for some clarification regarding the user licensing.

In CUP, we have managers who will need AEApprover role to approve the user requests.

In our case, we have SAP EP as the single point of entry to the application (both ECC & GRC AC). Also

some of the managers who are involved in the approval process (in CUP) do not need access to the ECC backend system.

So managers only need an entry in the AD(LDAP) which is the datasource for SAP EP, GRC AC. This means that GRC UME (authentication system for CUP) is the only place where the managers user profile are maintained.

Will these managers be accounted for SAP licenses?

My answer is No. The managers will not be accounted for SAP (prof/ limited prof) license cost as they do not have any access to the ECC system. All users in GRC system will be accounted for GRC AC licensing ( which is based on the operating budget of the organazation)

Appreciate if you can confirm whether my understanding is correct.

Thanks

Keerthika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This wont count for SAP R/3 system license as that license is basically catering to user types ( dialog , etc) however , UME users do not have this restriction .

Thanks

Jasmine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the request as this has been answered in the forum and I got a confirmative answer from SAP too..

Rationale:

GRC users dont count for SAP ECC license unless they have a dialog user account in the ECC system.

Thanks

Kee

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is dependent on the licensing fees for SAP GRC Access Control and SAP Netweaver. Please check with the Account Manager for the client, as they may already have certain licensing agreements in place.