cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver Vs SAP ECC 6

Former Member

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between ECC 6 and SAP Netweaver.

I have read some documentation about it. But I have no real world examples to relate to.

Woul really appreciate If someone could explain with examples.

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member

NetWeaver is the technology that SAP solutions are currently build upon. There are a number of SAP solutions that are provided within the NetWeaver umbrella, eg. MDM, Enterprise Portal, BI, etc. SAP R/3 (or other names being ERP, ECC, etc) are all the enterprise solution for SAP. They are built on the NetWeaver platform as the underlying layer. So, keep R/3 separate from NetWeaver. One is the enterprise software and the other is the technology layer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not understood anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In simple ECC 6.0 is part of NETWEAVER.

When i say Netweaver Landscape, they comprise of STANDALONE ABAP database, STANDALONE JAVA database and mixed i.e ABAP+JAVA.

ECC6.0 is an example of STANDALONE ABAP DATABASE.

EP 6.0 ==> standalone Java

XI ==> ABAP+JAVA

Regards,

Chetan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is incorrect!!... ECC 6.0 is NOT part of NetWeaver. ECC 6.0 runs on NetWeaver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Check the below links.....

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IMHO these generic questions thread are useless.

If you don't know already the concept behind the answers, you won't understand them from copy/paste or farm links.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP NetWeaver is a integrated technology platform and is the technical foundation for all SAP applications.

All application compoments sits over Netweaver (the foundation), which in the past was called Basis.

Thanks Nirmal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Netweaver is the technology platfrom for all SAP-Based Application, From SAP Netweaver 2004 onwards all the SAP present and future SAP Applications based on Netweaver.

Netweaver has different stacks as follows.

1. People Integration ( Ex: EP, SAP Mobile)

2. Information Integration ( Ex: BI , MDM)

3. Process Integration ( EX: XI )

4. Application Platform (Ex: ABAB & Java engine)

ECC6 is an application component, which will work on with the help of this Technology Platfrom -

formerly SAP Netweaver 2004s and now it is SAP Netweaver 7.

ECC6 is called as Enterprise Core component, which has basic modules of ERP like (FI, CO, MM and So on) .

Please correct me, If I am wrong.

Thanks

Ahamed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think interview questions are not allowed in this forum.

Note: You can google it.

Hope this helps.

Manoj