cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connectors in ERM 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to connect my ERM to backend Systems.In configuration tab system connectors -i selected SAP- Then i checked the SLD.....for one backend system i got two JCO connnectors VIRSAXSR3_01_MODEL & VIRSAXSR3_01_METADATA. from these two which i need to select? what is the difference between these two connectors.?

Thanks,

Joseph.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

This is right. You will get to see two connectors. Basically, it is one connector pair and JCo destinations work in pairs. Have you read AC 5.3 instllation and configuration guide. If you did not then I will recommend you to read those first as they will clear this kind of basic doubts.

When you will create connector in CC/RAR using the above JCo destination pair you will only see one entry which is the combination of those two JCos. Model holds all the connection information and acts a bridge. Metadata contains database schema and data.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

I couldnt find 1 connector name ( iam getting both as mentioned above query) .

In connectors but without making check box of sld to active( means disable).i gave all the connector details ,when i test for connection it is sucessful.

but if check SLD (active) then test connection is failed..is it neccessary to check (active) sld,,otherwise can i go ahead without checking sld .can u suggest me in this regard,whether i should trouble shoot JCO connectors or any other method to solve this.

Regards,

Joseph.

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Joseph-

You can either create your connectors in the SLD or follow Alpesh's recommendation. Some customers prefer to have all their GRC Apps configured in the SLD, some do not. Some customers have a requirement to encrypt their connections to their backend systems, and in those cases they will have to configure their connections via the SLD.

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joseph,

My recommendation for ERM and CUP would be, not to use JCo destinations. Just create a simple connector by providing all the system details. Don't select JCo connectors.

Regards,

Alpesh