cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can One sender communication channel pick two file from two location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a requirement that how can One sender communication channel pick two file from two location.Both the file has same name...How to configure the one receiver communication channel.i dont have any IR,no mapping..Please help me...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello

> I have a requirement that how can One sender communication channel pick two file from two location.Both the file has same name...How to configure the one receiver communication channel.i dont have any IR,no mapping..Please help me...

use Advanced Selection for Source File in the sender file adapter.

You can specify multiple directories.

ex.

Advanced Selection for Source File

Directory -

File Name Mask

/xxx/yyy/z1 myfile

/xxx/yyy/z2 myfile

/xxx/yyy/z3 myfile

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to use advanced option for file sender, there you may provide other directory names for additional files.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sweta and prateek for your promt response

Sweta i can not create two channel as i already created 25 sender and receiver channel for picking the 25 files.

Prateek can you say briefly how can i do that and how to configure receiver channel.

Thanks in Advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

My God, hatsoff to your effort..!!

Anyways, If you want to specify multiple directories, using file name mask...

Then you can have the option as Advanced Selection for Source File in your channel...

To get more info...have a look at this help..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ca/e7673c86d19b35e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Swetha.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumitra,

It is possible with Advanced Selection for Source File.

Have a look at my wiki [Single Sender File CC For Multiple Directories |https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SingleSenderFileCCForMultipleDirectories] for configuring CC.

Thanks,

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh

Thanks for your info..that is the thing i was searching for.But can you please tell me how to configure the receiver communication channel.How can it distinguish between two files in receiver side..Please help.

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumitra,

If you want to use the same receiver CC to write two file in diff folders, you should either use Variable Substitution or Dynamic Configuration.

To pick files using sender cc you can refer my wiki.

Thanks,

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh and vijay

For sender its ok..but confused how to configure in receiver as variable substitution is not possible as i dont have any IR so dont have any reference and dynamic Configuration.please help..

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Santosh and vijay

> For sender its ok..but confused how to configure in receiver as variable substitution is not possible as i dont have any IR so dont have any reference and dynamic Configuration.please help..

Variable substitution is possible even if you dont have IR content because finally you refer to the fields in your target structure. But in case of dynamic configuration, you will need a UDF as part of your mapping to set the values.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one thing more,

do you want the same sender file name as part of your target file name?

give this a try,

in the sender adapter check Adapter specific attributes -> file name, do the same for receiver file adapter also.

and in the file name scheme just give anything.

See if the same source file name is provided in the target.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soumitra,

Even though you dont have IR and mapping you can still configure a scenario in ID ..

you can use dummy message interface names where ever they are asked and dont specify any interface mapping

it worked for me ..

Giving points is another way to say thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay

I already done the adapter specific message attribute.i am getting the file name properly.but that is nothing to do with my req.i am again clearing my problem:

i have two folder folder a,folder b.Both has the same file credit0002. i have two destination folder i have one sender and one receiver channel.I dont have any IR.How one sender channel can pick file from two location and how one receiver channel can put in two location.please help me..

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Vijay

> I already done the adapter specific message attribute.i am getting the file name properly.but that is nothing to do with my req.i am again clearing my problem:

> i have two folder folder a,folder b.Both has the same file credit0002. i have two destination folder i have one sender and one receiver channel.I dont have any IR.How one sender channel can pick file from two location and how one receiver channel can put in two location.please help me..

Ok now I get your requirement.

you cant achieve this - how one receiver channel can put in two location if you dont have a dynamic configuration defined i.e Adapter specific attributes.

easy way - involve IR mapping

else

have a adapter module to define your dynamic configuration.

Ref: /people/daniel.graversen/blog/2006/10/05/dynamic-configuration-in-adapter-modules & /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/09/xi-dynamic-configuration-in-adapter-modules--one-step-further

Set the dynamic directory/file name etc for your receiver adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether it can be done using only one channel.

From my knowledge, i think i would not be possible..!!

If the two messages are pointing to two different directories, why cant you go for two different communication channels, specifying the same file name placed in two different directories..

Regards,

Swetha.