cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer grouping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

we have a new requirement where we have license wise materials which are sold to customers.now till today a SINGLE CUSTOMER was sold te materials that belonged to diff licenses.

But from now onwrds , each customer has to be made separate for each licensed material.i.e.

CUSTOMER A will be sold materials that belonged to LICENSE A

CUSTOMER B will be sold materials that belonged to LICENSE B.........

This has increased our load and is forcing us to create the same customers differently 4 times (as we have 4 licenses)i.e means if i have existing 300 customers then it becomes 300 * 4 = 1200 customers.

acc to me this is not a smart solution.kindly suggest any alternative

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Most of my experiences were in Consumer Goods and this scenario is very common in this type of Industry. We used Material Determination to handle this.

Access Sequence:

........... Other combinations

Customer-Material level License Material A replacing License Material A

........... Other combinations

Material Level DUMMY Material replacing License Material A

We extended DUMMY material to all possible areas and configured the item category as not relevant for delivery nor billing and we made sure that plants, prices, and other important fields will not be populated during order entry making the orderline INCOMPLETE.

The material determination rules will make sure valid customers can ONLY order Licensed Material assigned to them, otherwise, they will get "DUMMY" material which will not go anywhere. Aside from that, standard report can be used to track those orders.

Let me know if this helps.

Arnel Adordionicio

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alternatively, you can create 4 seperate Divisions for four licence type. Have different Material codes for each Divisions (i.e each license type)

Now extend the Customer master records for required Sales Area & you can have License-wise reports readily available in future.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

Why not try using Product Praposal option for your scenario.T.code VA51.