cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drop a table from java dictionary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I have created a table in the the java dictionary by deploying a dictionary project. Hence the table is present in the Dictionary DB. Now is there any way that i can drop the particular table using web dynpro java code.

Kindly give me a solution for the same.

Regards,

Karthikeyan R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan R,

Deleting the table thorugh the code is not possible for dictionary Tables. At maximum what you can do is..

1) Delete the from the dictionary directly.

2) Build the dictionary project.

3) Go to the SQL system, using query browser DROP the table.

4) Undeploy the dictionary project and then redeploy. (Please note that redeloying will not work in this case and there will be deployment error, so you always have to undeploy and then redeploy. The reason being if the table is deleted from the dictionary structure and then you try to redploy the same dictionary then it still taked the reference of the deleted table).

After building the project you will still see the Table which has been deleted, however there will be a Deleted mark for that table. During the deployment all such tables with Deleted mark are not deployed.

As far as I know, your requirement of deleting the table using code is not possible.

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried DROP TABLE <tablename> from Webdynpro?

If you redeploy your dictionary project if the table exists as part of the project it will recreate.

Regards

Ayyapparaj