Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffer and memory parameters

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed a fresh SAP ECC 6.0 system(ABAP).Can anybody please tell me the Buffer & memory parameters must be changed in RZ10 from default value.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

As the other replies stated, you can start off with the initial profile and simply tune as needed based on what you see in ST02. However, in my experience, ECC 6 systems will quickly outgrow the values in the bare-bones profile created by the installation. With an ECC system I usually make some changes up front; the values listed below are a typical example of what I would configure for a non-production system with a fairly limited user population (e.g. test or training system). Monitoring with ST02 is still necessary of course.

Even if you don't touch any other buffers, one buffer you definitely need to enlarge is the export/import buffer (parameters rsdb/obj/buffersize and rsdb/obj/max_objects). This buffer is seriously undersized by default, often resulting in an explosive number of buffer swaps.

If you expect a high number of external connections, interfacing etc. then also set the parameters from note 384971 (parameters for high gateway load). If your ECC system will be connected to a Business Warehouse (BI) system then also consider note 327828.

Regards,

Mark

rsdb/ntab/entrycount	40000
rsdb/ntab/ftabsize	60000
rsdb/ntab/sntabsize	6000
rsdb/ntab/irbdsize	12000
abap/buffersize	450000
rsdb/cua/buffersize	12000
zcsa/presentation_buffer_area	25000000
sap/bufdir_entries	8000
zcsa/table_buffer_area	75000000
zcsa/db_max_buftab	10000
rtbb/buffer_length	25000
rtbb/max_tables	2000
rsdb/obj/buffersize	30000
rsdb/obj/max_objects	15000
ipc/shm_psize_10	156000000
ipc/shm_psize_40	174000000

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correction to my previous reply: ignore the vaues I quoted for the parameters ipc/shm_psize_10 and ipc/shm_psize_40. These parameters are calculated by RZ10, which then proposes a value for them.

Rgds,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Do not change any buffer/memory parameters without proper reason.

Since this is a new system, please allow the system to work some days with peak load and then analyse accordingly with the amount of swap, etc.,

This will give you a fair idea on which parameter needs to be increased to optimize the performance.

You can find lots of SAP Notes in Service market place for perofrmance tuning related to SAP version.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

I agree with Yoganand

wait for some time,monitor you system performance over couple of weeks and then start tuning it

dont do it all of a sudden

Rohit

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am looking for Buffer and memory parameters names what can be changed mostly.

for example : abap/buffersize

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Please refer to following buffers which are most crtical and should be monitored:

Repository buffers (nametab buffers)

Table buffers

Program buffers

Roll and page file buffers

SAPgui buffers

Refer to the following link for their parameter settings

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c4/3a6ef3505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Also refer to http://sapdocs.net/?p=27

It will be highly useful

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to decide parameter values for your system based on various factors like number of users, interfaces, jobs, modules, available hardware resources. You can refer to following link to get more info about SAP memory managment.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/02/962acd538111d1891b0000e8322f96/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Manoj