Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tax views in material master

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sap experts,

I have been copied data from company code 1000 to which iam newly created .After all configration when i am creating material master in sale org tab 1 , the tax data are not yet been showing.whereas if i change the company as 1000 with my org structure then we can see the tax views in material master.

so pls tell to me where i should do the changes

Regards

Ishikesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ishikesh,

Please check the below setting is maintained if not maintaine this issue will be solved.

SPRo->Sales and Distribution->Basic Functions->Taxes>Define Tax Relevancy Of Master Records--> material taxes.

here mainatine the tax category and the tax classs it will show in material master.

Regards

vk

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Already these assignments have been assined.

Regards

Ishikesh

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the Transaction code : OVK1

assignment of country and Tax catagory.

Regards

Ramesh.

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh

I am thanking you

Very simple answer but it so great for me.

Regards

Ishikesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to IMG-Financial Accounting>Financial Accounting Global Settings>Tax on sales & purchase>Basic Settings>

1 step - Check calculation procedure >Define Procedure >see whether TAXINN is maintained (Tcode - OBYZ)

2 step - Assign your country to the calculation procedure ie IN to TAXINN(Tcode - OBBG).

Img>Sales and Distribution>Basic Functions>Taxes>Define Tax Relevancy Of Master Records> Material taxes.

3 step - Maintain the Tax category for that what are the Tax classification.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ishikesh

Go to OMS9, input "Field sel. group" 96 and press Enter key. From the bottom tab, select MM01 & MM02 and place the mouse under the tab "Reqd Entry".

Now go to MM01 and see whether you could see the tax classification

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Laksmipathi,

in OMS9 in 96 in MM01 and MM02 both are in required entry , but actually it is in client level , but here it is problem in company code level.That i do mean when i change the company code assignment with new organisation structure which i have created , there the material master tax view are updating.

So i would like to know when i copied from 1000 to my cc which data would not be copied ? where should i update ?

Regards

Ishikesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some of the areas you need to check are

- in OX18, plant should have been assigned to company code

- in OVX3, sales organisation should have been assigned to company code

Most probably, your issue is in second one cited above. Let me know if still problem exists.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Check the following two things:

1. Have you first maintain your Plant as relevant for Tax?

IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Taxes - Assign Delivering Plants For Tax Determination - Maintain your Plant details here.

2. Have you maintained Tax Relevancy for master (Customer & Material) records?

IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Taxes - Define Tax Relevancy Of Master Records - Material Taxes - You will have to maintain the Tax Classifications against your Tax Category (Tax Condition types) here.

Only if you do the above settings Tax Classifications boxes in Material Master Records.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope

you have done - OVK1- where you assign tax cond type to country specific,

then we create Tax relevancy for masters - Customer/ Material.

please re- check, if not maintained, enter & test.

Sorry, I have not properly gone through your thread. I thought of tax tab is not displaying in MMR.

sorry my mistake.

Edited by: SAP.Student on Feb 25, 2009 5:21 PM

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Laksmipathi,

Here you have mentioned OX18 and OVX3 , let me know how i would be able to create the material master sale oragnisation view without assignment of these two?. if i would not assigned these two sym will not allow to open sale org tab (this is as per my knowledge)

(in OX18, plant should have been assigned to company code

in OVX3, sales organisation should have been assigned to company code -These both assignments are there)

Here my problem is tax views are not updating

i am really appreciating you for your continuous feedback

Regards

Ishikesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
let me know how i would be able to create the material 
  master sale oragnisation view without assignment of these two?.

Since tax classification is coming in sales view, its only a guess the suggestion what I have proposed. Moreover, let me know how I will be in a position to be in your shoes unless you clearly indicate the issue.

If you ask me as to why the tax classification is not flowing in material master, I can even now say that it could be due to settings maintained in OMS9 or assignment to company code.

Make it as a practice that when somebody is willing to help you, dont ask them questions rather it could have been better you go by the suggestion if need or just ignore that. Avoiding such unwanted comments will give you more results.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Laksmipathi,

I am expecting the answer as well the discussions with my knowledge. But donu2019t misunderstand this is the practice of asking the questions.

One more thing you should be understand making practice asking the questions is a not unhealthy process. I think this is the way we can go ahead from what we are in present.

I am requesting you when you tell to something it should be acceptable.

Furhter more my problem has been solved with OVKI , I have not assigned country and tax code. Once it assigned now the problem has been solved.

Still I am asking how we can do setting as per company code level in OMS9 which will be client level.

I am too much appreciating your knowledge where I came to know from SDN valuable answers of you since I am looking SDN issues.

Regards

Ishikesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never said you should not ask questions; you are most welcome to post as many questions till your issue is solved but at the sametime, you should also understand the way how it should have been questioned

how i would be able to create the material 
  master sale oragnisation view without assignment of these two?.

Do you think the above conveys in a right sense ?? If you say yes, I am sorry my dear, I have a second opinion on this. For me, it conveys a negative meaning and it hurts my efforts.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to IMG-Financial Accounting-Financial Accounting Global Settings-Tax on sales & purchase-Basic Settings-

A) Check calculation procedure

B) Assign your country to the calculation procedure

Also check in SPRO-Sales and Distribution-Basic Functions-Taxes-Define Tax Relevancy Of Master Records

There you can define tax for customer master & material master

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Sumit

Edited by: Sumit Rayaguru on Feb 25, 2009 12:09 PM