cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Inst: import_monitor_java.log

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am installing a NW7.1 on REL5/Oracle but it fails on the import Abap step with the following error, which is in the import_monitor_java.log.

Has anyone come across this before and if so do you have a solution?

Thanks in Advance

more import_monitor.java.log

java version "1.5.0_12"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 5.1.015)

SAP Java 64-Bit Server VM (build 5.1.015, Nov 6 2007 00:10:53 -

01_REL - optU -

linux amd64 - bas2:88748 (mixed mode))

Incorrect application options:

Mandatory options are

missing: 'dbType', 'importDirs', 'installDir', 'tskFiles'.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend

Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like you don't have Oracle installed yet? Please give more details of sapinst.log.

Effan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like you don't have Oracle installed yet? Please give more details of sapinst.log.

can you tell me why you assume this is related to Oracle??

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oracle has been installed and was a pain as I had to find the stddef.h file from somewhere else as redhad/oracle linker could not find it - but oracle is working fine.

But the question about oracle was not that unusual - because as this was an interupted install I went back and re-started it and when it failed I checked and the oracle listener had NOT been restarted. I assumed the install would have checked this and started it - so I then restarted the install unfortunately it still failed.

I would think that it is looking for the parameters which could come from environment variabled but as this is root we are running from then such variables would not exist (aka dbType).

So it comes down to the install file. any suggestions where I can look for this?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Oracle has been installed and was a pain

Did you install it the way it's documented in the installation guide? I have installed a lot of system on various flavors of Unix including SuSE, Redhat - also older versions and I never experienced any serious installation errors that were not documented.

> as I had to find the stddef.h file from somewhere else as redhad/oracle linker could not find it - but oracle is working fine.

Certainly there is something wrong with your installation. A linker process doesn't need a header file, it needs the objects and a linker (ld).

Usually it's very easy:

- you install the OS

- you configure it according to note Note 1048303 - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x: Installation and upgrade

- you start sapinst

- you give all parameters and start the installation

- sapinst will created users, environments etc.

- sapinst stops and request you to install Oracle

- you step to the stage area and run the script RUNINSTALLER in the SAP subdirectory (not the normal runInstaller)

- your install the Oracle software - usually no parameters for the database installation have to be given since the RUNINSTALLER script uses a predefined response file

- you install the latest patchset (10.2.0.4)

- you install the latest interim fixes using mopatch

- your click on "continue" in sapinst

> I would think that it is looking for the parameters which could come from environment variabled but as this is root we are running from then such variables would not exist (aka dbType).

sapinst is run as root but it switches the user for the loading of the database.

> So it comes down to the install file. any suggestions where I can look for this?

First question: if you did not install Oracle using the script RUNINSTALLER, then the "default" configuration will not work and you have to do database parametrization, feature activations etc. by hand. It's also very likely that your tnslistener* and sqlnet* files are not properly configured.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

A very useful and comprehensive answer. It helps having such background info.

In my case I think I lost info becayse I installed an update to migmon which removed the properties file.

I am on a course so cannot confirm this for about 8 days so I will feed back then.

Thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> A very useful and comprehensive answer. It helps having such background info.

Well - it's not really background info - it's the installation guide which tells you exactly the same steps and gives you background information in the troubleshooting section. All you need to do is to read it ) (no offense)

> In my case I think I lost info becayse I installed an update to migmon which removed the properties file.

You should have stated before, that you updated that, this would have make your error messages clearer. Your .properties files is empty.

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> more import_monitor.java.log

> java version "1.5.0_12"

> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 5.1.015)

> SAP Java 64-Bit Server VM (build 5.1.015, Nov 6 2007 00:10:53 -

> 01_REL - optU -

> linux amd64 - bas2:88748 (mixed mode))

>

> Incorrect application options:

> Mandatory options are

> missing: 'dbType', 'importDirs', 'installDir', 'tskFiles'.

The import monitor either needs parameters or an import_monitor_cmd.properties file. Do you have that in your installation directory?

Markus